Ooh... You Are Awful! Page 2

Quote: Aaron @ July 24 2013, 2:16 AM BST

Different threads for every British comedy film is exactly what we do want, Steve.

Can't you just start them all & be done with it.
You know what they all are

Thanks George I'll give it a watch, if I can find it.

This was just shown on Talking Pictures TV channel, however it was spoilt by totally unnecessary censoring: whenever a lady's behind was shown a massive great star obliterated it! The film shown after 2200 for God's sake!????

Quote: gb901 @ 30th August 2020, 2:47 PM

This was just shown on talking pictures TV channel, however it was spoilt by totally unnecessary censoring: whenever a ladies behind was shown a massive great star obliterated it! The film shown after 2200 for god's sake! ????

Yes, they annoyingly do this every time a bum is on view.

I watch loads of films on TPTV and they also mute "rude" words such as 'shit', which they recently did on The Likely Lads film.

I first noticed this at the end of I'm All Right Jack when Ian Carmichael is in the nudist colony, and three or four women in the background ran off giggling with their rear ends blurred out, and then about a month later I was watching the old version of "Tom Brown's Schooldays" where a 10 year old boy had his cheeky bottom blurred.

Quote: gb901 @ 30th August 2020, 2:47 PM

This was just shown on Talking Pictures TV channel, however it was spoilt by totally unnecessary censoring: whenever a lady's behind was shown a massive great star obliterated it! The film shown after 2200 for God's sake!????

Watched it tonight - quite good, though bit disappointed not to see his Honky Tonk character, but so pleased to see Pat Coombs again.

Here is a message from Sarah Cronin, who runs TPTV with her father:

"Hi Folks. Im getting a bit of grief about bottoms, boobs and bad words. so you all can see what words can and cant be broadcast etc etc etc heres some light reading for the bank holiday . hopefully this will stop the billions of emails and silly comments about bottoms before the watershed. and know its not a personal decision i have made to not show you a bottom. https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/91624/OfcomOffensiveLanguage.pdf"

We may not agree with the Ofcom guidance or with her interpretation of the guidance but it is her business that is at stake if she gets it wrong. Maybe we should just be thankful that there is finally a channel out there providing us with the films & tv programmes that we wouldn't otherwise get to see, hope that it continues to broadcast them and not worry too much about the odd bleep or star.

Too #@^©$¥¶??... right

Am I missing a point here? Surely there are loads of films on other channels that even have full frontal nudity and all manner of swear words that even make me shudder.

Ofcom reminds me of Hancock in the Missing Page - "It's red hot, mate. I hate to think of this sort of book getting in the wrong hands. As soon as I've finished this, I shall recommend they ban it."

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 31st August 2020, 3:49 PM

Am I missing a point here? Surely there are loads of films on other channels that even have full frontal nudity and all manner of swear words that even make me shudder.

Yes, the point is that other channels are well-funded, highly commercial - if not corporate - outfits who can afford to pay the odd fine if they get the line wrong, rather than a very much family outfit run on next to no budget.

The problem is really with complaining ninnies and Ofcom's stupid rules.

Isn't it mainly about the watershed?

You would think so, but as gb901 pointed out, this film was broadcast on TPTV after 10 pm.

But it wasn't. It was shown at 8pm. It ended at 10pm.

Also - who does the 'censoring'?
If they have to buy the copies in, they might not want to pay for two versions.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 1st September 2020, 1:11 PM

But it wasn't. It was shown at 8pm. It ended at 10pm.

Ah, didn't know that as I watched it much later off the digi-box - what I'll have to do now is watch a dirty film on TPTV that IS on after 10pm.

Did they miss one?

Watching the first episode of "Public Eye" where Frank Marker comes out of prison after being grassed up over some embezzlement/fraud, before he starts again with his PI/Enquiry Agent business and is being interviewed by his probation officer................"So, you've done two years, etc. etc. etc. and you're not queer............................"