Mortimer & Whitehouse: Gone Fishing Page 4

Funniest show on TV by a country mile. I'd go so far as to say it's truly life enriching stuff. I couldn't care less about fishing but their friendship is an utter joy to witness and I hope this series runs and runs. It can't be very expensive to make!

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's the funniest show on TV but very funny, very genuine and just natural with 2 naturally funny unscripted men.

Good banter, nice scenery. I sometimes think Whitehouse's talent engulfs Mortimer and shows him up but Bob is so easy going it makes him very likeable. I do find some of the heart surgeon stuff a bit scary though, makes me a bit nervous of eating that pizza with a beer while I'm watching it. Purely fishing I'd find it a more comfortable watch.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 7th September 2019, 11:18 AM

I sometimes think Whitehouse's talent engulfs Mortimer and shows him up

I know what you mean but, in terms of comedic style, the two men are chalk and cheese and are thus not readily comparable.

I see a lot of the old "straight man and funny man" in them, with Paul as the irritable straight man and Bob as the lovable buffoon. I know Paul is a sensationally talented comedian but that's the vibe I frequently get from their interactions in this show.

Whoever cast (see what I did there?) the two of them is an excellent judge of what complements what in comedy.

And I reely mean that.

(See? I did it again). Laughing out loud

I adore this series, really. It just oozes warmth and comic brilliance from start to end. Longing for news of Series 3 (and onwards).

I particularly enjoy the cooking bits. Indeed, I'd love to see a spin-off, Moretimer & Whitehouse Go Cooking.

Love this show.

I sort of enjoy this show, and admire the two guys immensely, but I never feel that compelled to watch it religiously. It doesn't grab me,

Quote: Nil Putters @ 9th September 2019, 6:51 PM

Love this show.

Putters! Nice to have you back, even if just for a drive-by.

Cannot over emphasize enough how ecstatic I am that this has just been recommissioned! Television and its most life affirming and joyous!

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 7th November 2019, 4:24 PM

Cannot over emphasize enough how ecstatic I am that this has just been recommissioned! Television and its most life affirming and joyous!

Indeed, it's comforting in the middle of this ever-worsening televisual entertainment famine to know that the BBC still knows how to make thoroughly entertaining programs.

Let's hope they employ that knowledge more and more frequently as time goes by.

Can't wait for this to come back. In the meantime I've been getting my Bob "fix" by listening to the Athletico Mince podcast.

Quote: chipolata @ 10th September 2019, 6:36 AM

Putters! Nice to have you back, even if just for a drive-by.

Wave

:)

A strong argument for this being the best show on TV. Calming, reflective, beautiful scenery and if course the wonderful friendship between the two.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 25th August 2020, 10:37 PM

A strong argument for this being the best show on TV. Calming, reflective, beautiful scenery and if course the wonderful friendship between the two.

And funny! The most important thing!

Agreed. It's almost perfect. I still want to see a bit more of the cooking though. That stuff was really warning.

And what about the poor fish? Huh!