The general pop/rock - music thread Page 216

Melanie C says, 'I can't wait for you to hear my new album.' Come round and deliver it personally then, you lazy cow. You've got more free time than me and are considerably more energetic, plus I hardly think Easyjet to Rome is gonna break your bank. I am perfectly willing to pop round your place and showcase my hilarious jokes about pedos.

Shania Twayne can't conjugate verbs. That don't impress me much.

A friend challenged me to post ten album covers that influence how I listen to music. No explanations, no debate, just covers. Of course I told him to f**k off. No explanations, no debate, just f**k off.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 5th August 2020, 9:16 AM

A friend challenged me to post ten album covers that influence how I listen to music. No explanations, no debate, just covers. Of course I told him to f**k off. No explanations, no debate, just f**k off.

You've got friend? F**k off!

Quote: Chappers @ 5th August 2020, 4:20 PM

You've got friend? F**k off!

Is that off Toy Story?

I watched that with all my friend.

Old Tony Wilson quote: 'I can't believe I signed Joy Division AND New Order!' Yeah, those bands are worlds apart. It's like saying, I signed The Beatles AND John, Paul, George and Ringo. How do I do it? What's my secret? I guess we'll never know.

He also signed the Stockholm Monsters so swings n round a bouts

They were all total shit except Joy Division/New Order and the Happy Mondays. There's a fine line between charisma and being a deluded dick. And it's a line you cross when you describe New Order as one of the biggest acts in music history. Feels like I've been here before though.

If Tony Wilson had lived he would probably have been major of Manchester

He would have been amazing, he loved the city and the people and would have done fantastic things

Then within about 6 months the city would have been completely and utterly bankrupt

Slightly deluded guy. Put the Pistols on TV, invested in the Hassie and JD, signed the Mondays. Otherwise it's all just mouthing off and hype.

I love the guy

He got off his arse and made things happen

And he did it mainly for the love of the music- not to make money

It was the same with the artwork of Factory records - a lot of it is just so cool and stylish

Just a pity he was a lousy businessman and let everything turn to shit around him

We need more people like him around

Quote: lofthouse @ 21st August 2020, 9:07 PM

If Tony Wilson had lived he would probably have been major of Manchester

He did live didn't he? Or was that my imagination?

"just a pity he was a lousy businessman and let everything turn to shit around him

We need more people like him around"

You've got Boris,that's a start.

Gotta think of a Beautiful South song. Need a little time.