Mandy - Series 1

I thought this was brilliant. It really fitted the 15 minute format well. I love the other things I've seen Diane Morgan in.

More laughs a minute than the new Lee Mack programme.

I didn't love it all, but I really enjoyed lots about it, which is a plus considering that when I watched the pilot last year I didn't really get it whatsoever. There's some great details in it.

Watched the first two. Good so far.

Watched the first two. Good so far.

Quote: Chappers @ 14th August 2020, 8:14 PM

More laughs a minute than the new Lee Mack programme.

For sure, but that's not stiff competition. This is an amazing character she has developed and performed, but I didn't feel the script or supporting cast matched up. It relied heavily on nuances in her performance, imo. She is so talented. Even her legs are funny.

Some bits are good, some are very good and some are fabulous. If you've ever known girls like Mandy, it's even better.

Not seen it but is it the same character she played in this show from a few years back?

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/rovers/interview/diane_morgan_is_mandy/

Quote: lofthouse @ 16th August 2020, 2:55 PM

Not seen it but is it the same character she played in this show from a few years back?

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/rovers/interview/diane_morgan_is_mandy/

Think so, yeah.

Certainly looks like she's pulling the same slanted mouth pose.

Touch the truck in episode two! Some random relic of TV that I had forgotten until now. What a weird show that was.

Watched two episodes, enjoying it! May just binge it this evening as it's only 6 episodes and they're all so short.

Favourite lines have to be from episode two, from Mandy and Lola's conversations...

Mandy: "I think she may be doing one of these things people do these days..."
Lola: "What?"
Mandy: "Gaslamping"
Lola: "I think you mean tealighting"

And Lola's earlier "Your constant failure allows other people to shine!"

Quote: Feeoree @ 16th August 2020, 6:39 PM

Touch the truck in episode two! Some random relic of TV that I had forgotten until now. What a weird show that was.

What a reference, I didn't realise it was a real thing and found it quite funny that it had a Channel 5 watermark on it!

Morgan's great. Not her best work but still good.
Didn't like the slanted mouth thing.
Natalie Cassidy excellent in her bit.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 18th August 2020, 7:39 PM

Morgan's great. Not her best work but still good.
Didn't like the slanted mouth thing.
Natalie Cassidy excellent in her bit.

Yes - the slanted mouth is a bit unnecessary. Maybe she just didn't want her too perfect.

Sorry...

It could've done without the After Life cast, really. The celebrity cameos were fun, though, and Peake was very good. The casting of Lock was inspired.

The understated surrealism of Two Episodes Of Mash was there and it can be great as a result, it's got quite a dark but knockabout quality which is intriguing.

Morgan herself was in After Life wasn't she? Who else?