What are you listening to now? Page 1,416

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 16th August 2020, 10:06 AM

What's smelly, bores the shit out of you and pays rent for three c**ts? Ian Curtis.

That's nonsense really

Joy Division had a small cult following and had pretty much no commercial success at all. Wilson printed a warehouse full of copies of Transmission, easily their best song imo, and it's sold about 34 copies

And despite his claims they were actually quite mediocre

It was only after Curtis handed his notice in that the others had much much more success with the more poppy New Order

How does he pay their rent? They more than pay it themselves surely!

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 16th August 2020, 11:58 AM

Geri Halliwell outdoes herself again: 'The great thing about Spice is we destroyed stereotypes. As a woman, you were always compartmentalised. They see one characteristic and that's all you are. We're complex and refuse to be viewed on the basis of just one superficial aspect.' That's right, Ginger. I'm sure Sporty, Scary, Posh and Baby will bear this out.

F**king hell that is priceless

The other Classic Geri: 'We're all complicated women. You can't turn me into some kind of doll, a toy, a packaged plaything.' https://www.google.com/search?q=ginger+spice+doll&oq=ginger+spice+doll&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l4.7222j0j4&client=ms-android-wiko-rev2&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=4AEhHT3S_qkDZM

What did John Lennon say to Ian Curtis? I know you're depressed, but nothing to get hung about.
What did John Lennon say to Ian Curtis the next day? Let me take you down.

Elvis died 43 years ago.I remember John Peel announcing it on his show.He's dead now too.
A sort of tribute.

Paul Simon said to Dave Gahan, 'I have a line I can't finish: Parsley, sage, rosemary. Will I ever complete it?' Dave said, 'Of course you will. It's just a question of thyme.'

I f**king hate Paul Simon.

I hate Fart Garfunkel

Two twots

Quote: lofthouse @ 15th August 2020, 12:20 PM

The Fall - how I wrote 'elastic man'

Brilliant band!

That's stretching it a bit but perhaps you could expand on that.

I love Paul Simon but the track title The Sound of Silence is very misleading.

I said to Lady Gaga, Why do you keep exaggerating? She said, I've given you a million reasons.

www.uniteddj.com.

They just played 2 of my favourite songs of all time within about 15 minutes.

I saw the light by Todd Rundgren and Jackie Blue by the Ozark Mountain Daredevils.

There's some interesting names on that station.Not Read,Hamilton or Prince though.Never thought much of them,tediously dull and talk too much.Didn't Read have a hissy fit about Relax :)

I asked Mick Hucknall how tight money is. He wouldn't say.

Trivia question: Which band released With the Beatles, Beatles for sale, The Beatles and the compilations Beatles 62-66, Beatles. 67-70, Beatles' Love Songs and Beatles Ballads? Clue; They were the subject of Beatles Anthology.