There She Goes Page 3

I think this is a fantastic series and the cast are incredible,especially Miley Locke as Rosie, she gives a brilliant performance as a child with profound educational and emotional needs. I disagree that it would mostly be of interest to people who have similar children themselves and that no one else would be interested. That's like saying only criminals or police officers would enjoy crime dramas or that only gay people could enjoy a programme with a gay character. Surely television should educate and give us an insight Ito other peoples lives,which this programme certainly does. It's heartbreaking at times but it also manages to highlight the funny situations which can arise from having a disabled child. I will certainly be more understanding of parents in this situation.
Hats off to all of them.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 6th November 2018, 9:13 PM

I watched a few minutes of episode one and I couldn't stand it. In less enlightened times, the public could pay to watch the patients/inmates of Bedlam wandering around in moods somewhere between total oblivion and abject misery (depending upon the patient/inmate and the day of the visit).

Nowadays, in these blindingly enlightened times, the public pays via the licence fee to watch two parents struggling to cope with a child suffering from profound learning difficulties in what the BBC calls a comedy-drama.

Plus ça change . . .

Perhaps that's the problem,that you only watched for a few minutes. Maybe if you had had watched it all the way through you would have started to care for the characters and see that the along with problems and the heartache that comes with having a profoundly disabled child there is also humour and love to be found. The cast is amazing and the actress who portrays Rosie is incredibly talented.
I like to watch programmes that give me an insight into others lives and this certainly does.

Really enjoyed this whole series and so pleased that the first series was also re-broadcast on BBC4. Very much hope that series 3 will be coming soon.

I didn't watch the series when it was first broadcast as Mr N's brother has a profound LD and now our son has autism but it's not as serious as Rosie's disability. I totally agree that it's difficult viewing at times and the destruction Rosie causes is awful for all concerned. We think that the parents give into Rosie's demands far too much, but we're not in the same position; as a mother who has been glared at in many a public place, it's a horrible experience and I've grown a thicker skin as a result.

It's beautifully written and really resonates with parents of children with LDs. Hynes and Tennant are excellent.

The (what I assume may be the final?) episode tonight was masterful. A truly tough watch for most of it, but the script was so good. Tennant's very inappropriate jokes really made me laugh, and the juxtaposition between some pretty soul crushing sadness and the ending, where thy finally discover that they don't have to go through it alone, was wonderful. A BAFTA or two in the offing I imagine.

I also enjoyed it a lot. Funny and moving.

Loved it.