We Love...

New four-part Channel 5 series looking at some British sitcoms, I dare say in a similar vein to the BBC's Comedy Connections programme that ran from 2003 - 2008. The first episode, to be broadcast next Saturday (15th) will look at Gavin & Stacey.

The next three episodes look at Dad's Army, Are You Being Served? and Only Fools And Horses. All three of these however were covered by Comedy Connections.

I'm looking forward to it anyway, all the same.

I don't think it'll be like Comedy Connections at all. Lots of celebrity fan/talking heads; no detailed insight.

Never the less, I'll watch, and looking forward to the Are You Being Served? episode in particular.

C5 are obsessed with these clip shows. Shows on four sitcoms, that's half the number of sitcoms they've actually made in the twenty odd years they've been on air! Why not just broadcast a few? C4 have established a good name in sitcom making now, so C5 must know there's both a big market for them and an increasingly frustrated supply chain of potential creations, as both ITV and BBC have dramatically (deliberate choice of word) slowed their output.. Pirate There he is.

The AYBS one is the one that sticks out to me, since I love this show so much and it's in my top 3 sitcoms ever made. Can't wait

I loved it for the first 5 something years but then some of the originals started to leave and their replacements didn't cut the mustard for me.

Quote: john tregorran @ 9th August 2020, 11:33 PM

I loved it for the first 5 something years but then some of the originals started to leave and their replacements didn't cut the mustard for me.

Mr Goldberg was fantastic IMO, just as good as Grainger.