Green Wing Page 5

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 21st July 2020, 2:30 PM

Was Green Wing the one with Sally Bretton in a minor role? Been so long I could be confusing it with something else. I remember a scene where she puts a ruler in another girl's thong and winds it up, and the girl pretends she's a plane. Actually just typing that out makes me realise it must be Green Wing, no other show has that silly/surreal humour at the time.

Laughing out loud Yes, Sally was in it.

Interesting to see the complete collection is being repackaged and re-released again in a few weeks time.

See Amazon product listing

Yeah, C4 are re-releasing Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy too, for whatever reason.

A separate company took over Channel 4's DVD operations last year. They've focused on Film4 content to date, but this'll be them expanding into the TV titles.

Quote: jsg @ 8th August 2020, 2:09 PM

Yeah, C4 are re-releasing Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy too, for whatever reason.

Insanity is the only one I can think of. :S

I really did want green wing and Peep show to last forever , they were both from channel 4,s last golden era of sitcoms.

Quote: tonecapone @ 20th November 2023, 11:26 AM

I really did want green wing and Peep show to last forever , they were both from channel 4,s last golden era of sitcoms.

I loved Green Wing. So original and - among others - my introduction to Mark Heap who I've loved ever since in everything he does.