No Kidding (1960)

Yank title Beware of Children

Listed as starring Sid James and Kenneth Williams and that is the only reason I watched, which is more than can be said of someone at TPTV who wrote the blurb - clearly they hadn't.

Don't know about beware of children, you should beware of this so called comedy film. Gerald Thomas and Peter Rogers finding their "Carry On" feet I suppose, but this was dire. I managed half an hour and that was enough for me.

Leslie Phillips, Irene Handl (who I love), Joan Hickson, Esma Cannon, Sydney Tafler etc. setting up a temporary home for the children of people with money it seemed to be, but by then I had completely lost interest.

I can only assume one of the reviewers "A fun little British comedy" on the IMDb was watching a different film to me or have far lower expectations.

So no Sam Kydd then ?

:D There was a documentary about him on TPTV presented by his son, and I think they said he was in over 250 films - even Sam himself wasn't sure of how many.

No, Sam's not in it!

I'd agree that it's a "fun little comedy", but it's certainly not uproarious.

Quote: Aaron @ 2nd August 2020, 1:42 PM

No, Sam's not in it!

Yus my dear, I was just passing on a bit of trivia about Sam Kydd, because John posted tongue in cheek about him not being in it, as I always mention it if I spot him.

It's like a more obvious Hitchcock game. "Where's Sammy" I calls it.