I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,195

Quote: Aaron @ 1st August 2020, 6:12 PM

I expect Trump to win again. It's less clear tan it was in 2016, but Biden appears an even less sentient option.

There's coronavirus to put in the equation this time though

It's not Trumps fault

But a lot of people will blame him and say he has dealt with it badly

Quote: DaButt @ 1st August 2020, 6:28 PM

The mind boggles at the poor choices we'll have in November. All the Democrats had to do was run a reasonably moderate, youngish candidate, but they made the worst choice possible.

Same situation we have here: when the right has eccentricities, the left goes "hold my beer".

I asked Donald and Melania, Can you think of an original slogan this time? They said, Yes we can.

Quote: Aaron @ 1st August 2020, 6:42 PM

Same situation we have here: when the right has eccentricities, the left goes "hold my beer".

Literally, don't understand that. Explain?

Were you asleep for the last 4 years? If so, let me jog your memory:

Hillary Clinton's team and the Obama administration pursued Trumped-up (See what I did there?) charges of Russian conspiracy and illegally spied on the Trump campaign. This lasted for several years and culminated with a show trial of an impeachment as the coronavirus began to ravage the world.[/quote]
Good answers but you are very misleading on this one.
The reasons for Trump's impeachment were not based around questioning the legitimacy of the 2016 election at all.
Explained here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_of_Donald_Trump Also very misleading to bring corinavirus into it as nobody on either side was discussing it at the time. Trump's failure on that has been all his own. He did not start the virus, of course, but his administration has handled it appallingly.

Trump may yet win sadly as he did in 2016. Biden certainly isn't worse than Trump any more than Clinton was. But it's a shame they couldn't find a stronger candidate.

Quite a few reasons why Trump's positions on race have been controversial too. Whatever your own view, they are detailed here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_views_of_Donald_Trump

You are wasting your time debating with a Trump supporter,they have a logic all of their own.

Quote: john tregorran @ 1st August 2020, 8:44 PM

You are wasting your time debating with a Trump supporter,they have a logic all of their own.

Logical and critical thinking have always been one of my strengths.

Unlike Donald who has a head full of broken biscuits !

People keep saying Melania is the new Jackie Kennedy. Please Donald, buy yourself a nice open-air convertible.

Quote: lofthouse @ 1st August 2020, 9:15 PM

Unlike Donald who has a head full of broken biscuits !

Crackers?

I said to Frank Carson, What's that in Trump's head?

I hate the BBC. I love Prince Andrew. And who could blame him anyway eh lads? Bloody Meghan. Bloody Black Lives Matter. Bloody political correctness. Bloody women. Bloody minorities. Poor old Trump. Daily Express stories and opinions recycled.
Sorry - just remembering the old days on the thread...
Thank God they're over...

Quote: Rood Eye @ 2nd August 2020, 2:51 PM

I hate the BBC. I love Prince Andrew. And who could blame him anyway eh lads? Bloody Meghan. Bloody Black Lives Matter. Bloody political correctness. Bloody women. Bloody minorities. Poor old Trump. Daily Express stories and opinions recycled.

I saw a video of Antifa protesters burning bibles in Portland. They should remove the "anti" from their name, since burning books is a hallmark of fascism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_book_burnings

Quoting Trump Junior now...