Coronavirus Page 64

An international team of experts have analysed coronavirus outbreaks in 35 countries, 10 of which are run by women and 25 by men.

Coronavirus deaths per capita in the female-led countries were only 23% of those in male-led countries.

Researchers explain the finding by saying that women leaders prioritise human needs while their male counterparts prioritise business and the economy.

An interesting finding that will come as absolutely no surprise to many.

Will anybody dare suggest it's an argument for women staying at home looking after the family while their husbands go out to work?

Probably not. Laughing out loud

women leaders prioritise human needs while their male counterparts prioritise business and the economy.

Thatcher being the obvious exception

Quote: john tregorran @ 17th July 2020, 8:02 PM

Thatcher being the obvious exception

I don't think you'll get much argument there, John. Laughing out loud

So at last I can take it seriously. https://www.google.com/search?q=Spice+Girls+coronavirus&client=ms-android-wiko-rev2&prmd=nisv&sxsrf=ALeKk02lH0Q3V19TRIEOLsiJqfiXC_71xw:1595067395461&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwio6P6LydbqAhUCwMQBHXhjCygQ_AUoAnoECAwQAg&biw=320&bih=512#imgrc=QDhDK1PN1HGFrM

The government has paused releasing daily death counts

As they can't bloody count?!?!?!

There's bad news for anyone who's had coronavirus and recovered.

Come to think of it, there's bad news for everybody else as well.

An Israeli doctor who tested positive in April but soon recovered, and then tested negative in both May and June - has now tested positive again after coming into contact with an infected patient.

Some good news.
Paul O'Grady's "For the Love of Dogs" has been cancelled.
And that's because Battersea hasn't got many dogs.Everyone's keeping them at the moment.What better companion to keep you amused during lockdown.If you can't get a Spicer.

Ooo maybe he'll resurrect Lilly Savage, she was good. Guesting fanny the wonder dog ?

That was Julian Clary's dog

Quote: lofthouse @ 24th July 2020, 6:22 PM

That was Julian Clary's dog

I know, that's why she's "guesting". I'd pay good money to see Clary and Savage doing a double act, that would be something.

Here in Victoria,Monday 532 new cases,Wednesday 295,today Thursday 723.
not that the numbers mean much because they don't tell us how many were tested.
Perhaps on Wednesday they only tested 295 :)

Are we getting anywhere with this up and down response to Coronavirus? Look at the videos online of crowded Soho streets and packed beer gardens with hardly anyone wearing masks. Then come the huge spikes in cases especially among young people, who just don't seem to give a f**k about their or other people's health as long as they get their social life back.

Surely someone of some authority should be policing these places and shutting them if they see everyone packed together like they have been. Any pub that allows sixty odd people to pack into their beer garden with only enough seating space for twenty with the correct social distancing, should be shut until a vaccine's found. It's as if everyone above 30ish is being held hostage by Club 18-30 who want their fun.

August 8th is the next big date, where face masks are now mandatory in pretty much all indoor spaces, including museums and cinemas. Given how cinemas operate due to food and drink sales I have no idea how they are going to navigate this!

https://www.nme.com/news/film/boris-johnson-says-face-coverings-will-be-mandatory-in-uk-cinemas-from-august-8-2719317

These pandemics are just about impossible to stop. I expect 100 million cases and 500,000 deaths in the United States. A proportional amount is likely in the UK: 20 million cases and 100,000 deaths.

The only way to prevent these pandemics is to stop them early. China's authoritarian governments could have done so, but they failed. They failed the entire world. And I doubt this will be the last time.

The USA, to be fair, has handled it appallingly badly it must be said, hence why they've had so many more cases than everyone else. Only one in twenty people in the world live in the US but they've had about a third of all the world's cases or something similar.
The British government has done a pretty bad job too.