Semi-Detached Page 2

The run time of the show was probably because of the real-time aspect. My guess is they couldn't really add bits in or take bits out because it was all one continuous scene. Adding and taking away could have confused it. Plus some pilots are shorter than half an hour anyway so it probably didn't matter much to them.

I enjoyed it. It had the frantic feel they were going for and a lot crammed into a small amount of time which was their intention. Even if the real time is a gimmick its certainly unique and something I liked.

Quote: Big Ben @ 17th January 2019, 3:36 AM

The run time of the show was probably because of the real-time aspect. My guess is they couldn't really add bits in or take bits out because it was all one continuous scene. Adding and taking away could have confused it. Plus some pilots are shorter than half an hour anyway so it probably didn't matter much to them.

I enjoyed it. It had the frantic feel they were going for and a lot crammed into a small amount of time which was their intention. Even if the real time is a gimmick its certainly unique and something I liked.

Well as I said before the "real time" was not at all evident to me at the time and also it was described as 30 minutes so I can't understand where the other 10 minutes went.

Quote: Chappers @ 17th January 2019, 6:16 PM

Well as I said before the "real time" was not at all evident to me at the time and also it was described as 30 minutes so I can't understand where the other 10 minutes went.

Well yeah, the description was wrong and even if they intended to write it 30mins they should've changed the description after but I really don't think they could've crammed in another 10 minutes of story. It would slow the pace down and added a lot of irrelevant aspects to, what is right now a pretty tightly packed plot

It's back next week and runs for a full 6 episodes.

I really enjoyed it first time round, just a couple of odd things I noticed suggesting stuff was cut as mentioned in my post on the other page, and may re-watch the pilot to remind me what happened (it was repeated - or just put on iPlayer - last weekend).

Also, this was only last year? I thought it was 2017 or 2018. 2020 has dragged so everything feels longer ago.

Quote: Feeoree @ 29th July 2020, 10:43 AM

Also, this was only last year? I thought it was 2017 or 2018. 2020 has dragged so everything feels longer ago.

Yes, but early, way back in January, so it does feel longer!

I only remember seeing it when I read the setting. Looking forward to it.

I missed it first time round but caught the pilot the other day and really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to the full series immensely.

I didn't realise the pilot was so long ago. Also of course his new young wife was recently in "The Other One". A bit too close I think. Also Lee is synonymous with Not Going Out.

And the gimmick of "real time" seems a bit pointless.

I would like to start off by saying I am a big fan of Lee Mack and love NGO.

But this is just full of annoying characters, maybe in these strange times I have lost my sense of humor but I just did not find the pilot or the 1st episode at all funny. Angry

I enjoyed the pilot and the first episode. Whilst it's not the best show ever, I found it very watchable indeed.

I agree. Shows a lot of promise and a good cast.

Much like the pilot, very mixed feelings. Good lines can only get you so far, and while there are plenty of them, I think the crucial point at the moment is I don't believe in any of it., and the real time aspect doesn't help. The characters are too thin and, to be honest, very unlikeable, especially the wife. Stuart is such a doormat it's difficult to develop a lot of sympathy, with the arm farting being the low point. That said the ending was good and I'll watch next week.

I found it too manic and in spite of the fact I watched it all I got distracted and I've got no idea what the outcome was.

It's a single camera farce. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the series.

Quote: Aaron @ 9th August 2020, 6:14 PM

It's a single camera farce. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the series.

It seemed like several cameras to me.