Status report Page 6,077

Quote: john tregorran @ 28th July 2020, 8:29 PM

I saw what you did there.

I didn't find Rood any worse than anyone else.

If you saw the post he was banned for, you might change your mind.
It was misogynistic, disgusting and would have brought shame to this site.
If he had posted it on any other media platform, he would have been banned from there too.

His attempt at re-registering to have a pop at Herc above was infantile.

I think some of the shit he got was a bit harsh at times

But lately some of the stuff he came out with was ... creepy and pervy

Fair enough.The management here are usually broad -minded so it must have been bad.

Quote: lofthouse @ 28th July 2020, 9:22 PM

Just pistol whip him

I suspect it's impossible to pistol whip someone while maintaining a respectful 6-foot distance.

Not even Wyatt Earp :)

Quote: DaButt @ 28th July 2020, 4:26 PM

No offense intended, and I have no idea what the history between the two of you is, but I find posts like this far more annoying and intrusive than anything he ever posted. Gloating is not a good look on a person, and neither is airing one's dirty laundry in public.

Just my opinion as an "outsider".

............."I have no idea what the history between the two of you is................"

No, because clearly you haven't been paying attention, as it wasn't just me he annoyed and offended, and I'll gloat as much as I think fit, given the person we are talking about.

Quote: babydriver @ 28th July 2020, 5:38 PM

I've just joined this site but if Shytpype is typical of the members here, I think I've made a mistake.

Your choice, but if you knew the history, which obviously you don't (or perhaps you do!) you would change your mind. Oh and nice pun on the name, Rude Boy ;), Oh, and did you see what I did there. Laughing out loud

Quote: john tregorran @ 28th July 2020, 8:29 PM

I saw what you did there.

I didn't find Rood any worse than anyone else.

He was.

Quote: Chappers @ 28th July 2020, 8:54 PM

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

Thank you Chappers - someone else who knows I'm right.

Quote: Chappers @ 28th July 2020, 9:00 PM

Was there social distancing in the pub?

Did you have to queue to get in?

Did you have to make an appointment?

I wore a wheelie bin liner (head to toe) with two peep holes, so was given carte blanche to go where I liked.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 28th July 2020, 9:24 PM

If he had posted it on any other media platform, he would have been banned from there too.

Thank you Stephen

Quote: lofthouse @ 28th July 2020, 9:28 PM

I think some of the shit he got was a bit harsh at times

But lately some of the stuff he came out with was ... creepy and pervy

It was fully deserved, and I rest my case, thank you. We don't need that type on this site.

Quote: john tregorran @ 28th July 2020, 10:20 PM

Fair enough.The management here are usually broad -minded so it must have been bad.

They are - he'd already had a warning last year, so they were being quite fair, and yes it was bad.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 28th July 2020, 9:24 PM

Bugger. Wish I'd seen it. Presumably it's been greyed out.

Quote: Chappers @ 29th July 2020, 5:51 PM

Bugger. Wish I'd seen it. Presumably it's been greyed out.

Yes, gone almost immediately - I didn't see it either, but I think it was something to do with the photo of a girl on a protest march holding a weird banner about cows being raped for their milk, and you know who "embellishing" it.

Quote: DaButt @ 28th July 2020, 4:26 PM

No offense intended, and I have no idea what the history between the two of you is, but I find posts like this far more annoying and intrusive than anything he ever posted. Gloating is not a good look on a person, and neither is airing one's dirty laundry in public.

Just my opinion as an "outsider".

Totally agree
All the gloating, ganging up and trolling individuals on here is and has been for a while quite an unedifying spectacle on the BCG
Just grow up for heavens sake

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 31st July 2020, 12:57 AM

Totally agree
All the gloating, ganging up and trolling individuals on here is and has been for a while quite an unedifying spectacle on the BCG
Just grow up for heavens sake

There's been no plural ("individuals") on my part, just one post expressing my delight at finally an individual, who has put up some unsavoury posts on this forum over the last two years had finally overstepped the mark with a disgusting post - did you see it? No, and you also seem to have no problem with the crap he has posted in the past. Did you step in when he was trolling and say something? No.

And by the way - Trolling is "to make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them." Which hasn't been the case.

I have never goaded this person, so I suggest you check your facts before making comments on something that was over and done with.

If you think it doesn't warrant a comment, then I suggest it's you who should grow up and not think all is fine and lovely in the BCG garden, although we'd all like to be. There comes a time when one needs to point out/complain about some poster, but it seems these days there's always someone on the forum all too ready to play the Troll card.

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't
He was a pain in the arse with constant irritating posts.
He also knew he was...He got off on it.

He stepped it up a gear and posted something that in these days is just not acceptable.
I shan't lament his passing.

Drowning in sweat in an N95 mask as I wait to board a flight to Orlando. I used to enjoy flying.

Made it to Houston. The aircraft was only about 30% full. It looked and smelled clean. I was worried about the guy a few rows up because his mask was one with a vent, but he took it off, so no worries. Errr

I'm thinking about schools opening in September in the rain. Will it be safe? Covids won't be social distancing, will they?

It's not asking much. They don't have to stay away from each other. Just stay 2 metres from anything with lungs which is everything on dry land basically and possibly lungfish.