I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,191

Not a lot of people know this but there are approximately 700 parts of the human body that are named after people.

The problem, in this "woke" day and age, is that most of those body parts are named after men.

The question is: do women really give a damn about that?

One of them certainly does and that's Queensland anatomy lecturer, Dr Kristin Small.

Kristin believes the terms are outdated and she wants medics to use more practical and descriptive names for body parts.

You know what? I can think of a few body parts that could be named after Kristin. Laughing out loud

In today's Daily Mail, there's a story about a premature baby born recently in a hospital in South Wales who weighed in at only 1 lb 16 oz.

Now, I don't believe for one minute that the South Wales hospital gave that baby's birthweight as 1 lb 16 oz.

I have a couple of reasons for my disbelief.

I'm pretty sure hospital babies and most other babies these days are weighed on metric scales.

Also, 1 lb 16 oz is exactly 2 lbs. Laughing out loud

Sudan has lightened up a little in its attitude to criminal justice after the toppling of its hardline Islamist government.

Men will no longer be flogged or put to death for being gay.

They will, however, face a prison sentence of anything between 5 years and life.

Sudan is a strange country in terms of its attitudes to sexual activity.

The age of consent for girls is 18 but the law provides an exemption for men having sex with their own wives who may legally be as young as 10.

I'm trying to remember the last time I fancied a 10-year-old.

Oh yes, I remember now: I was 10.

It's a funny old world. Laughing out loud

Prince Andrew could live there then.

According to reports in The Times today, the police are considering dropping the terms 'Islamist terror' and 'jihadi' because they 'don't help community relations.'

Instead of watering down the terminology, why don't we do a deal with Islamist terrorists and Jihadi murderers whereby they start behaving themselves and the police never mention them again?

That would work.

The BBC's diversity bandwagon appears to be going full speed ahead.

Their forthcoming period drama "A Suitable Boy" is adapted from a novel by an Indian author and has an all-Indian cast and an Indian director.

That's right - not a single white face among the cast.

That might, of course, be thought the polar opposite of "diversity" but perhaps Bollywood is intending to produce a movie with an all-white cast? That would balance it out, I suppose.

In any event, you'd think this forthcoming production would put a smile on the faces of everybody who thinks diversity on British TV is a good idea, wouldn't you?

Not so, I'm afraid.

The BBC has, unfortunately, made a catastrophic error.

The TV adaptation is written by a white Welshman!

A great many pro-diversity types are apparently beating their breasts and gnashing their teeth in anguish at what they see as an ugly white stain on an otherwise beautiful brown canvas.

Oh well, at least he's not English.

There must be some consolation in that, surely? Laughing out loud

I received a bit of Spice Girl news today!

Apparently, once the girls made it big, they got themselves some nice offices and the boardroom had a picture on the wall of each of the band members.

When Geri left in 1998, her picture was kept on the wall in its original place.

It was, however, turned upside down and remained in that position until the band split up for good in 2000.

Naga Munchetty is getting a bit of stick on Twitter after suggesting that the BBC's licence fee is good value for money - because people need to be educated, informed and entertained.

Naga is talking bollocks - and being paid £190,000 of our money per annum for doing so.

Is it any wonder people want to see the BBC defunded? Laughing out loud

The main street of Ashington, Northumberland was lined with applauding well-wishers today as the funeral procession their own Jack Charlton passed through the town.

I'm sure that as those townsfolk applauded the cortege, Jack himself was up above the clouds having a kickabout with a few angels and several other departed football stars.

It must be quite a change for Jack, playing for a heavenly team after having played most of his earthly games for the "damned" United.

Do you see what I did there? Laughing out loud

See you next tuesday

Harvey Price is out of hospital looking fit and well and as happy as ever after 10 days in bed during which he was treated for a mystery illness the exact nature of which has not been revealed.

Oh well, at least he's up and about - and, during his stay in hospital, his mother Katie got a huge amount of publicity and lots and lots of sympathy immediately prior to her bankruptcy hearing.

It's win-win! Laughing out loud

Thanks Rood for all the showbiz goss.You've educated and informed,two out of three's not bad.:)

BCG wants me.

They need me.

But there ain't no way they're ever gonna love me.

Now, I won't be sad

Cos . . .

Quote: john tregorran @ 21st July 2020, 8:45 PM

two out of three's not bad.:)

Meanwhile.................hundreds of demonstrators,some wearing masks,protested about having to wear masks ,in London.

This forum is drowning amidst an endless torrent of tedious conservative news commentary.