The all in one consolidated RIP thread Page 47

Quote: Rood Eye @ 11th July 2020, 9:05 PM

Yes, dear Jack has passed away and, even as you read these words he will probably be having a celestial drink with George Best and many other great footballing heroes.

I am confident that at some point, the good Lord Jesus himself will stand-up, tap his glass to attract attention and welcome Jack as one of his own - neither of them ever being fazed by a high cross.

RIP Jack.

If you made comments like this about Muslims you'd be kicked off the site. I find this highly offensive.

Lady Diana.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 20th July 2020, 9:15 PM

Lady Diana.

Thanks, Michael.

I'd heard the rumours but I didn't want to post about it in case they were fake news.

It was kept hush hush.
Q mag next month.

RIP Peter Green
Possibly one of the most heart-breaking stories in rock 'n' roll.

Fleetwood Mac's first album has the best guitar sound I've still heard, or tone as I think it's technically called. Check out Chicken Shack also. Sounds like a unique string instrument in his hands but apparently it's down to the way he tuned it. Saw him in his shortlived comeback. Very gifted musician, woefully under rated if you go by those stupid Best Guitarist lists. Easily one of the best. RIP.

Singer Denise Johnson.

RIP Denise.

I'm surprised there's no mention of Alan Parker.

You just did.

Oldies will remember Leslie Randall from a sitcom he did with his wife in the early sixties.It was the first original on ITV.
He was in lots of other stuff too including Billy Liar.

Yes, oldies will remember him. Not one of the all time greats and made surprisingly few films. 95 when he died - what an age!

RIP Mr Randall

Rood Eye.

Wayne Fontana - only just found out he died three days ago. One of the many singers in the early 60s who had a few hits, one of which was "Game Of Love" with The Mindbenders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91HyFdzepnA

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th August 2020, 9:17 AM

Wayne Fontana - only just found out he died three days ago. One of the many singers in the early 60s who had a few hits, one of which was "Game Of Love" with The Mindbenders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91HyFdzepnA

Um um um um um um. One of his too.

RIP Wayne and incidentally he recorded on the Fontana label.