The Return Of 'Allo 'Allo!

The Return Of 'Allo 'Allo! was broadcast on BBC One on 28 April 2007 at 9pm. The storyline involves René writing his memoirs after the war. The new scenes are interspersed with clips from the original series and interviews with the original cast. The episode features Gorden Kaye, Vicki Michelle, Sue Hodge, Kirsten Cooke, Arthur Bostrom, Guy Siner, Robin Parkinson, John D. Collins and Nicholas Frankau reprising their original roles. Jeremy Lloyd is among the script-writing team.

I am very disappointed they didn't mention that Carmen Silvera (Edith) had passed away in 2002. It's a shame really.

Did anyone else watch this?

Yes I remember watching it, it was quite a good reunion but I don't think I've watched it since it aired. I have actually had the pleasure of meeting Mr Gordon Kaye in Birmingham, very nice guy!

Quote: george roper @ August 2 2013, 10:08 AM BST

I am very disappointed they didn't mention that Carmen Silvera (Edith) had passed away in 2002. It's a shame really.

If I recall correctly, Edith was said to be away visiting her mother at the time of the episode.

I realised only a few days ago that Gordon Kaye appeared in an episode of It Ain't Half Hot Mum. I didn't recognise him without the moustache.

I wonder if it will be an extra in the soon to be released box set?...

The box set is only a repackaged re-release. The distributor responsible for it wouldn't take that much care and attention anyway.

Quote: Aaron @ August 14 2013, 12:08 PM BST

The box set is only a repackaged re-release. The distributor responsible for it wouldn't take that much care and attention anyway.

I never understand the point of re-releases! At least re-release for a decent reason like including new extras or something.

Does anyone have a decent copy of this at all? It is on YouTube but the quality is terrible and parts are missing.

I've just finished showing all of Allo Allo to my girlfriend - one of the few older sitcoms she ended up liking. I was wondering if anyone had a copy of the Return of Allo Allo as I'm sure she'd like it.

If not, I guess it's back to the flying helmet and wet celery...

Quote: Shepka @ 17th July 2020, 3:47 PM

Does anyone have a decent copy of this at all? It is on YouTube but the quality is terrible and parts are missing.

I've just finished showing all of Allo Allo to my girlfriend - one of the few older sitcoms she ended up liking. I was wondering if anyone had a copy of the Return of Allo Allo as I'm sure she'd like it.

If not, I guess it's back to the flying helmet and wet celery...

I'm not sure whether or not I've seen this.

I do remember seeing some sort of reunion show in which the dialogue occasionally descended to levels of "snigger, snigger" innuendo that even the lads from "The Inbetweeners" might have thought childish.

Somewhere, I have every episode of "Allo, Allo" (I consider it one of the funniest sitcoms in history the world) but I doubt that this reunion show is amongst them.

Also, I'm sure questions are being asked in some quarters about the acceptability of a sitcom which, although long considered hilarious, has undeniable connections to genocide.

Indeed, I'm more than a little surprised that the use of so many likeable (indeed lovable) Nazi characters appears to be accepted and even approved of by BCG members at every level.

Surely, as censorship in comedy continues to tighten its grip upon all our throats, pens and keyboards, that situation must soon change?

Did I say I still possessed every episode?

I'm sorry, that was a mistake. I now clearly remember burning them when I became woke.

I will, however, have a look for the "return" episode, on the off chance it has somehow escaped the bonfire.

You'll never guess what, Shepka.

I've only been and gone and found it!

It's on a 700 MB avi file.

If you can suggest any way of getting it to you, it's yours.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 17th July 2020, 9:19 PM

Listen very carefully- I shall say zis only once

Put it on a flash drive, then hide it in a knockwurst sausage

The resistance will do the rest...

Quote: Rood Eye @ 17th July 2020, 9:19 PM

Filestofriends.com and dropbox.com both claim to allow you to send a file this size for free. I'd LOVE to see it if possible too. Happy to share my email...