Auf Wiedersehen, Pet Page 10

Quote: lofthouse @ 12th July 2020, 4:37 PM

Hey if you've got beef with him that's your business

Guy ain't done me any harm

Seems a pleasant enough chap!

You have it right with "Seems" - he has history and it's not just me he's got up the nose of. Can't elaborate more than that.

If the series were to return with Dennis, Neville and Oz, it could work very well indeed.

Any or all of the others would be a bonus but the above three could, if necessary, carry it off on their own.

With the right writer(s) of course.

Kevin has been so successful in Morse and Lewis it would be difficult to see him as Neville now :)

Quote: john tregorran @ 13th July 2020, 12:57 AM

Kevin has been so successful in Morse and Lewis it would be difficult to see him as Neville now :)

Good point.

Oh well, it was a nice thought while it lasted.

The other two would probably jump at it :)
I think Timothy Spall is more selective about what he does these days after his illness.

I'd like to see Jimmy Nail back on TV but not sure I want to see five builders past the age of retirement still working on just to get by. It'll be too realistic to be funny. I'll stick with what it was.

Never watched the last specials that were made but in the third series didn't they all get rich from the Bridge they moved to America, if it did come back surely they would be the gaffers now?

Quote: Rood Eye @ 10th July 2020, 12:02 PM

One of the many excellent things about "Auf Wiedersehen, Pet" was the feem toon.

I think we need one at BCG.

Writing on the site
From morning 'til night
We're laffin' alright (We're laffin' alright)

There's some girls and some boys
and a whole lot of noise
We're laffin' alright (We're laffin' alright)

There's a lot of good stuff
though a bit of it's rough
and some of it is absolute shite
and each day's the same
but it's all in the game.
We're laffin' alright.

You really need to get the core coterie of posters here to record this. In fact, I shall consider singing it privately.

I can do a Joe Fagin voice
One take though I don't want to damage my vocal chords

nice song good stuff

Yes Rebeka2M, it's very popular with BCGers and Brits in general. They worked in Germany, Spain, Cuba, USA, Russia, Africa and Thailand but surprisingly not Australia. I think it's too late now. Although some Aussies were in it, iirc.

There's a an outtakes video on YouTube.
Not only is it funny but it shows how good the actors were because to see Nev laughing and singing felt strange.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 24th December 2020, 3:12 PM

There's a an outtakes video on YouTube.
Not only is it funny but it shows how good the actors were because to see Nev laughing and singing felt strange.

Link?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EPLMP21ufxQ

Where it all started.

...dependant on the rail strike situation. Where have I heard that before?