Status report Page 6,074

I thought they were the butcher's left overs much like you get a juice bar in a fruit/veg.

Quote: john tregorran @ 10th July 2020, 8:02 PM

I thought they were the butcher's left overs much like you get a juice bar in a fruit/veg.

When you make your own sausage you can ensure quality ingredients. This was made with pork butts, not lips and assholes.

I had chicken sausages recently

Orrible

Years ago I heard Fats Domino singing "On The Bayou" and often wondered what Jambalaya was, well as I get a bit more adventurous with my cooking, I'm going to have a bash at it, and from what I've seen on YouTube it is not unlike Frittata or Spanish tortilla in that you can put into it whatever you have handy/left over in the fridge.

So tonight Matthew, I will be mostly cooking my first attempt at Jambalaya with chicken breast, coley, chirizo, rice and a load of Cajun spices etc. etc.

Wish me luck :P

You can't go wrong with good jambalaya, gumbo, or red beans & rice. I make my own tasso and andouille because they aren't easy to find outside of Louisiana.

Crawfish boils are one Cajun tradition which has migrated to Texas from Louisiana. Yum.

Thanks DaButt................Mmm, might have a go at Gumbo next. The recipe I'm following on YouTube is an English bloke who says any spicy sausage will do (I've managed to find an original Spanish Chorizo), which is what your andouille is I see, BUT if I put a search in for "tasso" it comes up with photos of badgers. :S (I think they may be a bit gamey) :D

Andouille is a bit spicy, but tasso is even more so. It's really only used as an additive, nobody just eats a hunk of it by itself. Both are smoked and lend a smoky flavor to the recipes.

Many years ago, when comedy was heavily constricted by miserable bastards, the BBC published a list of things that must not be referred to in a comedy routine.

Today, now that comedy has returned to being heavily constricted by miserable bastards, and with far more things than ever before having become taboo in comedy, it might be helpful if broadcasters published a list of things that can be referred to in a comedy routine.

My current status is trying to work out what would be on that list apart from "middle-aged white men". Laughing out loud

"middle-aged, straight, Christian, white men" - Fixed it for ya.

Oh that's me then !

Quote: lofthouse @ 12th July 2020, 5:22 PM

Oh that's me then !

It's all part of your privilege. ;)

Just packaged the batch of Newmarket sausages that I made at Ben's suggestion. I fried some up and they were delicious.

Looks like the remains of an alien autopsy

Eh?

Quote: lofthouse @ 12th July 2020, 6:46 PM

Looks like the remains of an alien autopsy

They are made from meat and intestines...

Have you ever tried black pudding?