The all in one consolidated tennis thread Page 40

ONE

At the age of 36!

Federer is out ... and I never realised what a big girl Nadal is.

Bullying & disrespectful are the two words that spring to mind.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 10th September 2018, 4:59 PM

Bullying & disrespectful are the two words that spring to mind.

Which way? I haven't seen/heard the incidents although I've read some reports.

It seems that most male commentators say she was OTT whilst the females felt she was unfairly treated in comparison to what men get away with.

Bullying the umpire ('You will never, ever, ever be on another court of mine as long as you live" while jabbing her finger towards him) & disrespectful to her opponent who was denied the chance to savour her big moment amongst all the furore.

The fact is she broke the rules and the umpire correctly gave the appropriate punishment. As we know from football referees, there are always going to inconsistencies in interpretation. It was not the time or place to raise the question of whether male players get different treatment.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 10th September 2018, 10:02 PM

It was not the time or place to raise the question of whether male players get different treatment.

In this day and age it's always the time and place to inject accusations of racism and sexism into every disagreement, no matter how trivial or important it might be.

I find it very ironic that the most male like female player in history is citing sexism against women. She's won all her titles by being the most aggressive, physically strongest female basically having slammed her way to the top.

She's arrogant and can't lose gracefully, always making excuses when she loses. Now she's been found to be a threatening bully, aren't these typically male negative traits?

Someone posted a video on twitter of all her outbursts.
She is nasty.
She even called a line girl an ugly bitch.
Girl power.

It is the anniversary today of the start of the first-ever Wimbledon Championships in 1877.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 11th September 2018, 3:32 PM

She is nasty.
She even called a line girl an ugly bitch.

It's not nasty if she genuinely was ugly and a bitch. It's like when people say calling a whore 'a whore' is sexist.
I had a dream where I played tennis with the Spice Girls naked. The score got to deuce too.

"New balls please"

I went to a short sighted circumciser. Can I have my ball back please?

Caught sight of some of these classic games from the 70s that the Beeb has been repeating and it is VERY noticeable the lack of screams and grunts coming from the players!

They should have stopped that when they had the chance by deducting points - that f**king Sharapova is the worse. Totally ruins watching the game.

Great victory for Dan Evans over Novak Djokovic

Well done Dan Evans - maybe a new hero of Wimbledon this year.
If you'd like to have a chance to watch him - here are some ticket prices.