Hello

I hope everyone is ok and coping. At Teddy Towers I have once again picked up my quill and will try again. Given that the TV companies are probably already a year behind from doing stuff they already have , I doubt script writing is worthwhile at the moment and the same with theatre, As such I have dusted off and old book I was working on and I have decided no matter what to complete it and then publish it by September 30th no matter what.
As you will see from this post my grammar is shite and its not going to improve and that is the thing that's held me back. I have had good help in a bit of editing from a few on here and I am grateful for it.
But the way I see it is that I need to paint a picture my way and be happy with how it looks and then have it kept as is but made readable.
So I hope to be back on October 1st with a link to my book and on that note I will say 'Stay safe and watch this space'

Good luck, hope it goes well

Good luck from me too.Yes I think it's best if the book is readable :)

One of the great facts of comedy, Teddy (as you surely know already) is that you don't have to write or speak posh English in order to be funny.

I can easily imagine your book being published and I can easily imagine a lot of people thoroughly enjoying it.

It can't be denied you have a certain "something" in your writing.

I wish you every possible good fortune with this endeavour.

Thanks folks.

As Rood says, you do have a certain something to your writing Teddy. Folks currently have more time on their hand so are looking for a good read.

Lets hope I can supply it and thanks for the boost Firkin

Ahem.You have to do something to cheer yourself up in the blue bit of Liverpool I suppose :)

Its not a problem John I actually live in Liverpool so I don't come across their fans. There are a few knocking around but most of those are in council run homes for the feeble minded.

I love your work, Teddy - but then you already knew that. Hope the book goes well!

Good luck with the book! I expect a great opening line, something that compels further reading...

Thanks folks I've got the bug and the story and now its just down to getting it done and then worrying about the grammar etc. See you all on November 1st and perhaps an update the end of July .

Quote: john tregorran @ 9th July 2020, 5:23 PM

Good luck from me too.Yes I think it's best if the book is readable :)

Good advice. I would rather read a good, readable book than a bad, unreadable one.
I have also learnt to handle rejection. Each rejection is just one step closer. To my next rejection.

Quote: playfull @ 10th July 2020, 12:09 AM

Good luck with the book! I expect a great opening line, something that compels further reading...

More good advice there. A great opening line beats a totally f**king shit one.
The difficulty - sorry, challenging, demanding aspect - of writing a book is consistency. There are days when you're not inspired and days when you go crazy. I knew a published writer and his solution was to aim for three top quality pages a day, hence a book in six months, rather than a crazy period followed by burn out and then watching TV and doing f**k all for a bit.
Also, worry about grammar etc later. Get the ideas down first and the rest is relatively easy.
Anyway, in the words of my mother, keep it up.
You also look like the guy from Rising Damp. Uncanny.

Thanks Micheal you may well be as mad as a box of frogs but you have been consistently so since the day I joined so if anyone is qualified to advise me on sticking at it no matter what it's you. So thanks for that and when my books finished I plan on putting a picture the Spice Girls on the cover as a way of paying homage.

Apologies if I've posted this before, but the proudest moment of my life was when a total stranger saw me and went, 'Heyyy! You're the guy that jerks off to Mel C, right?' As Salinger said, the rewards of art are rare but when they do arrive, treasure them.
Seriously though, consistency is the Key.