Coronavirus Page 63

Jumanji!

Quote: lofthouse @ 8th July 2020, 10:32 PM

She repeatedly put her coat on and took it off again and began to hallucinate, reporting that she saw monkeys and lions in her house.

I don't know anybody who's had coronavirus but I do know somebody who occasionally sees a non-existent monkey in his house.

There are lots of monkeys in my house from time to time but they're all on the telly and appear to be bona fide.

PS. Wait a minute! Even as I write these words, there's a program on ITV2 entitled "Evil Monkeys" and, turning the volume up, I've just heard "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" on the soundtrack! :O

Some of these anti-mask bozos - mainly in America - are really showing the rest of the human race up.
Do you think they're mentally ill?

If you're referring to Americky, it goes with the territory.............Bill of Rights and all that.

I doubt this lot can even read.

They won't wear masks, but they'll stick a pillowcase with eye holes on their heads. Some people don't see the point if it doesn't affect them directly.

They soon will do when they're in a hospital bed with tubes sticking in every orifice and fighting for breath.

Heres a thought: If this virus is so deadly, why do you have to have a test to see if you've got it?
(or had it in my case)

The director-general of the WHO, Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus (try saying that with a breathing tube down your throat!) has warned that the pandemic is getting worse rather than better as time goes by.

Apparently, the number of cases globally has doubled in the last six weeks.

In Britain, the current death rate is apparently no higher than it would be if coronavirus didn't exist.

However, I think the government's recent relaxation of lockdown restrictions might soon put us back in line with the rest of the world.

"O death, where is thy sting?" a poet once asked.

It's just round the corner, mate - thanks to bungling Boris and his crackpot crew! Laughing out loud

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 9th July 2020, 3:21 PM

Heres a thought: If this virus is so deadly, why do you have to have a test to see if you've got it?
(or had it in my case)

Is that a serious question or a very good Donald Trump impression?

In the last 24-hours, Britain recorded 148 coronavirus deaths.

That's more than double last Saturday's total and it comes exactly 3 weeks after Boris allowed shops to reopen.

And since then, of course, we've had any number of BLM marches with people of all races crammed together not giving a flying fig about social distancing.

We've had little kiddies visiting grandparents, we've had families visiting other families, we've had street parties, we've had gatherings on beaches and in public parks. We've had cafes, restaurants and pubs opening. We've had countless people all over Britain behaving as if there was absolutely no risk.

And now, just after Boris telling us all to go back to work and telling the schools to reopen and doing and saying everything he could possibly do and say to convince Britain that it's now safe for everybody to go back in the water, it looks very much like . . .

It's coming back
It's coming back
It's coming
Covid's coming back

It's coming back
It's coming back
It's coming
Covid's coming back

etc. etc, etc.

PS. The latest figure could, of course, be a statistical blip. Laughing out loud

PPS. That last sentence ended with me laughing in the face of death (in the event that it isn't a blip). :(

It never went away.
Sorry to spoil your little ditty but you are being very distant from the truth much like anything Boris would tell you.

Quote: Firkin @ 9th July 2020, 2:00 PM

They won't wear masks, but they'll stick a pillowcase with eye holes on their heads.

Oh you've just giving me a good idea for a homemade mask. I've got some old white ones in the cupboard. I'll wear it on the bus tomorrow.

Quote: Firkin @ 9th July 2020, 2:00 PM

they'll stick a pillowcase with eye holes on their heads.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 12th July 2020, 8:26 AM

Oh you've just given me a good idea for a homemade mask. I've got some old white ones in the cupboard. I'll wear it on the bus tomorrow.

I can imagine Alf waiting at the bus stop wearing his new home-made mask.

The bus arrives and, as the doors slide open, he addresses the driver in his best Michael Barrymore voice:

"All white at the front?" Laughing out loud

According to reports, new research suggests that immunity to coronavirus might be lost after just a few months.

That must surely come as a bit of a downer to all the people who've caught it, been through it, recovered from it and ever since have been thinking they were out of danger.

And now it seems they might be right back in the firing line with everybody else.

Oh well, such is life.

And death, of course.