I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,184

Quote: Rood Eye @ 6th July 2020, 4:57 PM

Jack Monroe, a food writer originally called Melissa but who decided upon a change of name, has accused David Walliams of "horrific racism" in his bestselling children's books.

One of her complaints concerns a black character whose "big frizzy hair" and unpronounceable name are made fun of.

Racist?

Not really, when you consider that the character in question is plainly Caucasian and the publishers have confirmed that she's Caucasian.

'
As I've always said, if you're determined to find racism or any other form of bigotry, you'll find it if you're sufficiently determined to find it - especially if you peer really intently and screw your eyes up really tight so you can't actually see anything while you're looking.

According to reports this morning, vandals have broken into Katie Price's mansion and . . . tidied it up!

No, of course they haven't!

They've actually broken in and strewn the contents of some drawers around the floors.

Katie suggests somebody must have a grudge against her.

So, that would be about 60 million suspects then?

Good luck with that one, Sussex Constabulary! Laughing out loud

Paloma Faith is in the news today saying that, in the past, she's had moments when she was too young to have a baby.

I think most female readers of BCG will probably confirm that, looking back at their own pasts, they've had in the region of 400 million moments when they were too young to have a baby.

Good news for Paloma in that respect - she's not even slightly weird, she's normal! Laughing out loud

I see the complete dickhead who runs Brazil has tested positive for covid

What's the fashion these days around the world for electing cretinous idiots into power??

On the 15th anniversary of the 7/7 bombings in London, Emily Atack has "revealed" that she and her mother, Kate Robbins, ran for 2 miles non-stop after police alerted them to the dangers in King's Cross.

Emily Atack and Kate Robbins running for 2 miles non-stop?

As Jim Royle would say, my arse! Laughing out loud

OMG last week two Met Police officers took selfies with two murdered victims! It's as if they have no empathy. I bet the Police hate mobile phones https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-53198702

Quote: Firkin @ 8th July 2020, 11:33 AM

OMG last week two Met Police officers took selfies with two (good looking) murdered victims ! It's as if they have no empathy.

In the article, the dead girls' mother suggests that the victims' ethnicity was a factor in the lack of respect for the dead shown by the two officers. Indeed, she seems to suggest that the incident would never have occurred had the victims not been black.

Of course, it's entirely possible (and indeed likely) that the two officers would have done exactly the same thing if the murdered girls had been as white as snow.

It's unfortunate that the mother should see her daughters' deaths as an opportunity for her to wave the race card. :(

Quote: Rood Eye @ 8th July 2020, 11:59 AM

It's unfortunate that the mother should see her daughters' deaths as an opportunity for her to wave the race card. :(

She's just lost her kids and found out two coppers have been grossly disrespectful. If you've suffered a lifetime of racism, at work and from the Police, unrelenting daily reminders you may well think the same way. That said my first thoughts were they were both very pretty, maybe these sad coppers were pretending they'd scored. It could be their first last date.

btw this made me laugh:

Quote: Firkin @ 8th July 2020, 12:08 PM

She's just lost her kids and found out two coppers have been grossly disrespectful. If you've suffered a lifetime of racism, at work and from the Police, unrelenting daily reminders you may well think the same way.

You're absolutely right, Firks.

The mother's reaction is entirely understandable.

I'm just saying it's sad that she sees the two coppers as racists rather than just plain c-words.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 8th July 2020, 12:14 PM

I'm just saying it's sad that she sees the two coppers as racists rather than just plain c-words.

I imagine they're both.

Jim Davidson has said he's given up doing "black" jokes.

Due to widespread disapproval, he's also given up doing impressions of Frank Bruno and Ian Wright but takes some comfort in the fact that the PC brigade appears willing to let him carry on doing Sven Goran Eriksson.

It's a sad day when we can no longer enjoy cutting edge comedy about a boxer from the eighties, a football player from the nineties, and a Swede who managed England twenty years ago.

Meanwhile, in court in London, Johnny Depp is proving himself to be an absolutely top bloke in the eyes of a great many people.

His outrages (none of which is atypical of young successful men of his ilk) are sending his reputation through the roof among blokey blokes and laddish lads all over the world.

What's the betting the judge (regardless of the verdict) invites him out for a pint afterwards? Laughing out loud

Apparently, actress Kate Beckinsale (46) is dating a young man of 23.

Some people say it shouldn't be allowed: others say "Get in there, my son!"

I say there's no harm in Kate dating a young lad half her age - as long as she's at least 32, of course.

If she were younger than that, she might end up doing porridge.

Beckinsale? Porridge? Do you get it? Laughing out loud

You should be locked up for crimes against comedy :)