Rising Damp Page 15

Beaky there was a suggestion of a royal birth as he suggested to Seymour not long after he got in on the ground floor on the oil in the Pennines . Herc I'm sorry 84 was a bad year for you.

Currently (binge) rewatching Rising Damp on ITV 3. There is some 'of the time' stereotypical language but it still holds up remarkably well. I hadn't appreciated how well framed and shot it was before either.

Thought struck me - Reggie Perrin as one of Rigsby's lodgers.

That would put Leonard's versatility to the test.

Ha yes, but if anyone could've done that it would be him. Co stars have talked about him leaving them behind with his speed of delivery and his energy. He could've got changed and into the next character before the others had finished their lines.

He is fairly awesome. Shades of Rik Mayall.

Quote: Will Cam @ 21st February 2020, 10:29 PM

I hadn't appreciated how well framed and shot it was before either.

Yes, very professional. Unlike Italian shitcoms. I love the staircase moments.
Some argue that such shows are racist because they depict racist views; others argue that they are non-racist because they satirise the racist views depicted.

I love Rigsby but he's not around much these days. Philip is a straight actor now. Alan is doing well on QI.

Have a bit of time on my hands - apparently there's a virus - and I can't get enough of this show. Such a good character mix, really high laughter count, and impeccable performances, with Leonard stealing every scene. Also enjoyed the documentary.
There you go, I said something positive. That's that out of the way for another three decades.