Vote For Huggett (1949)

I like Jack Warner and love the Huggetts, so some years back bought the DVD of their 4 films, but it's strange as my wife and I don't remember this one - maybe because the others were stronger and funnier films.................or maybe it's because old age really has kicked in now. :(

Anyway, thoroughly enjoyed this post war game of larks and the chance to see a 17 year old Petula Clark (playing more like 15), a gorgeous 18 year old Diana Dors and a same age Anthony Newley in a minor part hoping to look 15 too.

Kathleen Harrison as Jack's long suffering wife as always, and a very brief appearance again of an uncredited Esma Cannon in a bit part.

Watched it again as it was on TPTV - very good film, which I enjoyed all over again. :)

I have the box set of the Huggetts Collection. Very enjoyable films. With Kathleen Harrison & Jack Warner what could go wrong?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 2nd November 2020, 1:59 PM

I have the box set of the Huggetts Collection.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th July 2020, 6:01 AM

I like Jack Warner and love the Huggetts, so some years back bought the DVD of their 4 films.............................

Me too. :)

Do you believe in coincidences ?
I had never heard of Vote for Huggets or anything about them.

Then today, I watched an episode of 'Just good friends and Daphne compared the Pinners to either the Beverly hills billies or the Huggets.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 2nd November 2020, 5:03 PM

Do you believe in coincidences ?
I had never heard of Vote for Huggets or anything about them.

Then today, I watched an episode of 'Just good friends and Daphne compared the Pinners to either the Beverly hills billies or the Huggets.

It developed into a popular radio series after the four films had run their course.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 2nd November 2020, 11:45 PM

It developed into a popular radio series after the four films had run their course.

Do you know, I had never previously noticed that the films came first! How interesting. Good mention!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd November 2020, 6:10 AM

Watched it again as it was on TPTV - very good film, which I enjoyed all over again. :)

And again tonight on TPTV. Such a good film