Status report Page 6,072

Quote: lofthouse @ 2nd July 2020, 6:20 PM

Looks like a group of Great Danes went poopy

My friend next door has a Dane and the piles don't smell nearly as nice. They probably don't taste as nice, either, but I'm not going to attempt to prove it.

:)

I don't like Cumberland sausages

They're a bit .... sickly

Enjoy!!

Quote: lofthouse @ 2nd July 2020, 6:41 PM

They're a bit .... sickly

How so? What would you consider to be the superior British sausage? Other than your own, of course. ;)

I like simple ones without all sorts of gunk in them

Walls pork sausages are nice

Quote: lofthouse @ 2nd July 2020, 7:03 PM

I like simple ones without all sorts of gunk in them

It's mostly just pork, rusk, and pepper, right? Maybe another spice or two, but it's mostly pepper. I think you'll find those in any British sausage.

I'd like to try making some dried stuff like salami and prosciutto, but I'd never trust that my mold and bacteria were the right mold and bacteria. I'd watch it dry for months and then be afraid to eat it.

After 20 years in Rome, I've finally found a great place to do stand-up. London.

The Fourth plinth ?

Quote: john tregorran @ 3rd July 2020, 7:47 PM

The Fourth plinth ?

For Christ's sake don't put Michael on the fourth plinth.

There's a rumour going around Twitter that he has a distant American ancestor who once performed a stand-up gig for some plantation owners in Alabama.

If he's seen up on the fourth plinth, it'll only take a few stolen Range Rovers attached with chains to the base and it'll be all over for him! :O

How much is left in that bottle Rood ? :)

Quote: DaButt @ 2nd July 2020, 6:51 PM

How so? What would you consider to be the superior British sausage? Other than your own, of course. ;)

A Newmarket sausage is always delicious.

Quote: Ben @ 3rd July 2020, 11:25 PM

A Newmarket sausage is always delicious.

I've never tried one. I found a recipe, so I'll give them a go in the near future. Cheers!

https://www.meatsandsausages.com/sausage-recipes/fresh/uk/newmarket-bread

I don't know what type they are ( I should ask ) but the ones I get from my local butcher are just delicious

See they were right
The BCG is a Sausage fest

I'd like a hot dog please. - With relish? - Mmmmmm, I'd llllliiiikkke a hhhhooot dog plleeeeassssse.

I'm currently thinking about a local thoroughfare.

There's a secluded road not far from me known traditionally as "Lovers' Lane".

For decades upon decades, young couples in cars have been parking down there for a kiss and a cuddle.

However, teenage girls having become ever more amenable to friendly advances as the years have rolled by, the road has gradually acquired a new nickname, presumably inspired by the notorious Ms Maxwell.

It's now known as "Ghislaine".

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 4th July 2020, 2:04 AM

I don't know what type they are ( I should ask ) but the ones I get from my local butcher are just delicious

See they were right
The BCG is a Sausage fest

Sausages from the butchers are always amazing.