Coronavirus Page 61

According to reports today, Coronavirus victims' bodies are so numerous in Brazil, they're being stored in bin bags as the entire nation struggles to cope with the scale of the pandemic.

That's strange, I was always led to believe they've got an awful lot of coffins in Brazil.

Hope I'm wrong about this

But there's so much poverty in the slums of Brazil I reckon the government secretly welcome a few hundred thousand dying

Quote: DaButt @ 24th June 2020, 4:24 PM

Is he forcing people to leave their homes for a drink at the pubs?

No, but if you consciously and constantly signal, through policy, that things are safe when they're not (Trump does the same) you are culpable, yes.
Plus, often as not it's not the twat who goes down the pub that dies, but the frailer person they give it too.
Laws are there to protects us from ourselves, as well as protecting us from others.

I, my wife and one daughter had the covid antibody test.
All 3 positive.
We had it in March/April.

Symptoms: Ill but not bed ill. No fever or cough. Absolutely no sense of taste or smell that lasted for 4 weeks. First thing I could taste was saltiness
And that is the weirdest, food is just lumps in your mouth.
I asked if we were now immune, they said probably but not enough data yet.

Ironically, it was put on the daily statistics as a new case.

Glad to hear you're all okay Stephen, keep well. The fact you all had the same milder symptoms is interesting. A milder strain of the virus maybe, or your exposure to it was minor? Hope they're giving you answers to these questions. On the recording of it as a new case, that's going to keep the figures of cases rumbling along for a while yet.

It's right it's added to the figures, to get the fullest picture available of how many have contracted it without actually needing hospital treatment. That's now said to be a much higher number than previously thought, due to the delay in these antibody tests. Unfortunately it means these temperature tests at workplaces and schools etc may be useless if not everyone is getting the fever. Is this the BCG's first confirmed case, btw?

How or where did you get the test Stephen?
I can get tested through my job if I have symptoms, but they aren't doing anti body tests yet
I wouldn't be surprised if I have had it and not realised

I think we will discover eventually that pretty much all of us have had it at some level

Around Xmas nearly everyone I work with had bad flu for weeks and weeks - a lot more and worse than in normal years

Quote: lofthouse @ 27th June 2020, 11:20 AM

I think we will discover eventually that pretty much all of us have had it at some level

Around Xmas nearly everyone I work with had bad flu for weeks and weeks - a lot more and worse than in normal years

Problem is that it's only ever speculation until you have an antibody test. And some years' seasonal influenza is simply worse than other years. It's a nice narrative for people to think they muddled through coronavirus without knowing, but ultimately futile without proof.

And good to hear that Stephen and his family came through it okay. Someone I work with got diagnosed with it last week and is, in fact, the first person I know to have had it. Thankfully, the 'circle' of people I know have mostly been lucky.

Three friends of mine have definitely had it
2 of whom are key workers

Quote: lofthouse @ 27th June 2020, 11:20 AM

My work was exactly the same.

Not that this is some sort of macabre dick-measuring contest (but merely sharing of personal experience), three of my neighbors have died from coronavirus. One got it from her husband (who survived) who got it from a church gathering. Of the three, one was a woman in her early 40s. The other two were already elderly and infirm. I live in Indonesia, where the cost of a swab test is about a month's wages for many people, so there isn't a high testing rate. There is massive public apathy toward coronavirus here, as most people can't afford not to work and don't have the option of working from home.

The text I received is a little vague

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 28th June 2020, 9:18 AM

The text I received is a little vague

Yeah, that is rather vague.

When you have the flu jab you will produce antibodies to it without having had the virus, but that obviously doesn't apply here. Maybe you received the tiniest dose of Covid-19 possible and it stimulated some sort of immune response, but not the disease. All a guess of course, my diploma in health science didn't cover infectious diseases in that level of complexity!

This is when we need Tim Walker to come back and explain!

In the news today, we learn that at the start of June in Michigan USA, Harper's Restaurant and Brewpub re-opened its doors to customers.

So far, 80 of those customers have since been diagnosed with coronavirus and God alone knows how many other people they've passed it on to before being diagnosed.

Multiply that 80 by the number of other pubs and bars that re-opened their doors and it looks like quite a big problem.

The bar has been ordered to close its doors again.

Are you listening, Boris?

We all go back to the Stone Age and close everything down for good

Or we carry on and all die

Seems like them's is the options for hooman beinzz