What are you watching on TV? Page 2,189

Watching Norwich v Man Utd, the latest ever FA Cup game. Until the next one.

I'm watching Walt Disney's "Song of the South".

It's not actually being broadcast on TV: it's on a USB stick but I'm certainly watching it on TV.

The film's message appears to be that racial harmony comes perfectly naturally to those who've never been taught that it's impossible.

Of course, there are those who will see political incorrectness in a grain of sand but, as long as you're not such a person, you'll probably enjoy "Song of the South" - and I'll bet my life your young children or grandchildren will love it.

Whose line is it anyway (uk)

Blimey josie Lawrence was absolutely gorgeous....

She had a solo show circa 1992 and it was so twee I'd never look at her in the same light again.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 28th June 2020, 4:54 PM

She had a solo show circa 1992 and it was so twee.

T(we)E Lawrence?

I wonder if she thought of taking that show to Arabia?

Quote: lofthouse @ 28th June 2020, 3:59 PM

Whose line is it anyway (uk)

Blimey josie Lawrence was absolutely gorgeous....

She was great in Good Omens too and yes certainly gorgeous.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th June 2020, 9:16 AM

Peter Crouch: Save Our Summer

OK, it's summat and nothin', but a bit of a laugh as he's certainly likable, but I mainly watch to see Maya Jama struggle to stay in the dresses she wears. Lovey

Should have watched this Mickey Monkhouse - they had Mel C on this week, along with Jimmy Carr and his hair transplant.

It's an ill wind, and because Glasto was off the Beeb got their act together and filled the weekend with past glories, and what a fab gluttony of stars there were to feast on - I particularly enjoyed the best of the Sunday afternoon "Legends" spots. Some fantastic stars took to that stage!

Well done the BBC!!

The Beeb got its act together and showed hours of repeats then?

Nowt new there then!

Nothing wrong with repeating classic rock and roll, just with they'd shown more of the first show in 1970.

Certainly better than that utter bollocks they're showing of so called classic bits of that complete heap of shit called Eastenders.
Hey Stacey! Shove it up your arse!!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th June 2020, 11:21 PM

Should have watched this Mickey Monkhouse - they had Mel C on this week, along with Jimmy Carr and his hair transplant.

Phwoar. Jimny Carr.
As the man with two penises said to the prostitute, thanks for the heads up. I shall search with my free hand.

You're welcome, and maybe now you've accepted my Mickey Monkhouse, I might be allowed to carry on from here in our new "understanding" :* (no tongues) and call you Mickey Mousehouse. Rolling eyes

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 30th June 2020, 7:38 AM

Phwoar. Jimny Carr.
As the man with two penises said to the prostitute, thanks for the heads up. I shall search with my free hand.

As the same man also said: "pull the other one."

I was born with two penises. It was all going so we'll for me till I watched Hostel. Scared the willies off me.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 30th June 2020, 10:08 AM

You're welcome, and maybe now you've accepted my Mickey Monkhouse, I might be allowed to carry on from here in our new "understanding" :* (no tongues) and call you Mickey Mousehouse. Rolling eyes

My nickname at school was Total c**t. They were tough, our teachers.
I am watching Detto Fatto with Bianca Guaccero. If Melanie C does not have the courage to propose to me, her loss may be Bianca's gain.
Last night I looked in the mirror and said, Some girl's gonna be lucky tonight. And meet someone far better looking than you, you ugly sod.
Everywhere I go, I turn heads. The other way.

I'm watching "Now and Forever" (1956) which is all about a young girl from a posh family falling in love with a motor mechanic - much to her mother's disapproval.

I found that short intro in my TV Guide before starting to watch the film but, to my surprise, the handsome young motor mechanic in question looks, dresses, acts, speaks and appears to think like any young doctor, lawyer or military officer of the day. Think "Kenneth More" and you won't be far out.

Having been brought up by his thoroughly decent but working-class dad (played by Jack Warner), it's not at all clear how the young man has learned to speak like a BBC newsreader.

16-year-old Janette Scott plays the young girl and Vernon Grey her beau.

In a wonderful bit of casting, Janette's real-life mum (Thora Hird) plays the family's maid.

A kitchen sink drama it most certainly isn't!

Perhaps the best part is that it's an absolute and utter feast of nostalgia.

Interestingly, it's in glorious colour and that was a big deal in 1955 as colour films did not become commonplace until the late 1960s.

For lovers of motorcars, there's a beautiful (but woefully short) scene in a car park with one of the first-ever Jaguar XK 140s. It must have been brand-new at the time of filming!

If anybody would like a glimpse of England when it really was England, you should watch this.

Many of the exterior scenes are recognisable as Bourton-on-the-Water in the Cotswolds - one of the most beautiful places in the whole of England. I'll always remember Bourton because it was in that very village that a wild sparrow once accepted my generous gift of a small piece of bread and took it directly from my hand!

PS. The adorable Janette is in fact still alive and living in Morecambe.