White Gold Page 2

Great post!

Thanks I'm glad you liked it. The only people who can really appreciate a certain era are the ones who lived and experienced it first hand. It would be interesting to meet Vince now as he would be a pensioner! Lol... Now there's a thought for the scriptwriters...

Great news regarding the confirmed 2nd series of this. It's been very popular.

Could they turn into a sitcom set in a school? :)

Now the reason I can't watch this is not that I can't stick their puerile humour, I thought the Inbetweeners Movie was great after struggling a bit with the sitcom. The main reason was, and it's why I won't watch White Gold is I have great difficulty in telling these two guys apart. I'm not superb with faces and continually fail to recognise people I actually know.

To me they looked like twins so whenever I dipped in to watch it I got confused as to who did what so I gave up. With even more focus on these two I wouldn't stand a chance so I'll skip this one. And if it is more a comdram like others say then I won't miss it. (Please someone bring back the genuine sitcom in our evening sitcom slot. Ta.):S

Cant believe this one trick pony has been renewed for a second series - incorporating the spanish timeshare scam no less! No characters had any redeeming features and personally I found it hard to stick with.

This couldn't come soon enough. Very excited.

Just watched the first of series 2, and rather enjoyed it.

I enjoyed the first, and thought the second was pretty poor. I thought the new character, Ronnie Junior, was awful.

Sam looked very different. I initially thought she was being played by a new actress.

Quote: beaky @ 17th March 2019, 11:43 PM

Just watched the first of series 2, and rather enjoyed it.

not enough to watch another episode, though.

Can't see the BBC funding another series on location though - would be another expensive Eldorado deja vu!

I'm going to start watching series 2 of this next week on DVD. I can only imagine that the BBC did some special magic on it that meant it arrived with zero fanfare whatsoever and as a result nobody watched it. Anyway, I look forward to starting next week and discussing it with myself on this thread.

Walshy's role in this series wasn't particularly compelling past the point Fitzpatrick and Lavender were playing practical jokes on him. While in both series it felt like you were supposed to know that everything would more or less go well for Vincent in the end, Andrew was probably a better rival.

That said, there was a lot to like about this series as well. It was funny as ever and I hope there's more.

Seen the first two episodes of series two and still enjoying it. It's not doing anything new, and hasn't really developed since the first series, but it has a nonchalant swagger that's hard to dislike. That said, I would like a bit more story at times. Neither series one or two have plots that really grab you by the throat.

Quote: chipolata @ 16th July 2019, 11:54 AM

I'm going to start watching series 2 of this next week on DVD. I can only imagine that the BBC did some special magic on it that meant it arrived with zero fanfare whatsoever and as a result nobody watched it. Anyway, I look forward to starting next week and discussing it with myself on this thread.

You spent good money on the DVD of this?