Upcoming Regular Comedy Night

Good morrow!

I'm currently in the process of putting together a regular comedy night in Telford, Shropshire. We're looking to get everything in place ready for when lockdown restrictions are lifted and everyone can enjoy themselves again.

I'm on the prowl for up-and-coming talent to play a room of 80-120 people. It's a great chance to work on existing material and try more risqué jokes infront of a new crowd. No restrictions on what can be joked about, they'll probably egg you on if anything, the only requirement is that you make it funny.

We're new to this sort of event, so struggling to find places to locate talent (my initial plan was to follow the open mic circuit in Birmingham, but then the world locked itself indoors so that's been blown out of the water) so this a call to all comedians who want a bit of stage time infront of a new crowd, one that will be less sympathetic than you're average open mic audience. Great opportunity to find your sea legs.

Ideally, we want people from the West Midlands, but if you're happy to travel then we're happy to host you.

Alternatively, if anyone knows a place to mine some budding talent during lockdown, feel free to point me in that direction.

Sounds like a wonderful new venue, Jordan.

If I ever read a newspaper article about one of your performers knocking the audience dead with his spectacularly funny but utterly non-PC material only to be interrupted by undercover cops who arrest him and sling him in jail, I'll know you're running the greatest comedy club in Britain.

Best of luck with your venture!

Wrong thread? Have fun anyway.