What are you listening to now? Page 1,403

Picture Show: A Tribute Celebrating John Prine w/ Jason Isbell, Brandi Carlile, Bonnie Raitt, Kacey Musgraves, Sturgill Simpson, Kurt Vile, Margo Price, Amanda Shires + more

I didn't realize the virus killed him :(

I've got one LP ,Diamonds in the Rough.It has a Guthrie/Dylan vibe about it for me.:)

Quote: john tregorran @ 12th June 2020, 8:58 PM

I didn't realize the virus killed him :(

I've got one LP ,Diamonds in the Rough.It has a Guthrie/Dylan vibe about it for me.:)

He's new to me, as is Kacey Musgraves.

The tribute show is only up there for a limited time.

What a voice!

J.S. Ondara performs a live acoustic set in WGBH's Fraser Performance Studio. Ondara grew up in Nairobi, Kenya and moved to Minneapolis, Minnesota in 2013 out of admiration for his musical hero (and native Minnesotan), Bob Dylan. Ondara learned English both in school and through his love of artists like Nirvana, Neil Young, and Bob Dylan.

J.S. Ondara -- Live in Studio

Some Don.

Quote: lofthouse @ 6th June 2020, 9:29 PM

Like a bit of CT myself

That's the first and last letters of my nickname at Kindergarten.
Not to talk about work, but when I explain to students the difference between 'As' (the same) and 'Like' (compared to but NOT the same) I use Madonna singing 'Like a Virgin'. She's not totally useless.

I can't remember whether I posted these before................

From Shara Nelson's very good LP What Silence Knows

I'd never quote the Beatles in my life.
I'd never ever quote All Saints.
I'd never quote One Direction.

Ramones - needles and pins

U-Piter
(St.Petersburg abbr.)

That's interesting 69.
Does the video tell the story of the song or is it just a sexy girl running through the forest?:)

to john tregorran

2nd option )
Song is by Butusov, he was a frontmen of Nautilus Pompilius band of the USSR 80s

Quote: john tregorran @ 9th June 2020, 11:15 PM

oh dear I'm going to disagree with two forum stalwarts.

Sibelius is my thing and that Switchblade track is a travesty.
Also,being a Taff myself, I've always wanted to like the Manics but have never found them the least bit musical.

I feel the same way. They're very talented but so depressing, they're the Welsh Smiths. Although "How soon is now" is good. Much prefer Massive Attack they add atmosphere to the gloom, or Groove Armarda's down beat songs. Or this band:

New York Dolls - pills

Quote: rrr 969 @ 20th June 2020, 11:25 PM

to john tregorran

2nd option )
Song is by Butusov, he was a frontmen of Nautilus Pompilius band of the USSR 80s

thanks.

Quote: Firkin @ 21st June 2020, 9:58 AM

I feel the same way. They're very talented but so depressing, they're the Welsh Smiths. Although "How soon is now" is good. Much prefer Massive Attack they add atmosphere to the gloom, or Groove Armarda's down beat songs. Or this band:

I like that.Never heard them before a sort of Massive Attack /Sade thing.I'll be investigating them forthwith,"toot sweet" ,etc...:)