Mog

If there's a thread on Mann's Best Friends I thought there should be one on Mog, an exact contemporary sitcom with an almost exact premise, although my memories of both are very sketchy and faded, especially on MBF which I only glimpsed at the time, and that possibly may have only been the trailers. If Mackay hadn't have been in it I wouldn't remember it all.

Mog I watched a few eps of and loved it, but haven't seen a single clip of since. Have a vague memory it was on quite late in the evening but no idea why as they were standard swear free episodes typical of the era. Fairly silly stuff but Clement & LaFrenais scripted starring Enn Reitel and Don Warrington - not to be sniffed at. Anyone with any news on if it's ever been repeated or released on DVD much appreciated.

Never heard of Mog. But Mann's Best Friend is hideous, it's really bad and all over the place even with Mackay in it. It doesn't save it I'm afraid. Maybe Clarke had too much to do when he was writing it at the time with Open All Hours Series 4 and Last of the Summer wine to write as well. If Mog has a similar premise to Mann's Best Friend, I don't have high hopes, I gotta be honest.

Mog is adapted from Peter Tinniswood novel, so has quite a different pedigree indeed!