The League Of Gentlemen Page 8

'You may give a toad a wart - but a toad may not give a wart to you' still makes me laugh, but I am a twot.

I had the pleasure of showing a local friend the gents reunion episodes the other day. He had previously only seen 2 or 3 episodes from the original series, and didn't remember any of the characters or plots, but he still got a lot of laughs out of the new ones. I think it holds up really well, and apparently not just for mega-fans like myself. Unless he was just being nice. The only little thing I would have liked to have gone differently would have been to add at least one more episode so that episode 3 didn't feel so rushed. A pretty minor complaint though. Very rarely does a show manage to be off the air for 20 years and then come back and seem like it had never left.

League of Gentlemen has been removed from Netflix amid blackface concerns. I'm glad I still have my DVDs. There should be a contextual statement inserted, but to remove the entire show? I certainly don't agree with that.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/5801/little-britain-removed/

Another woke knee jerk reaction. I'm assuming that they will also remove Coming To America with Eddie Murphy's white-face performance?

What a black day.

And yet Amazon keep sending me emails recommending I buy Love Thy Neighbour on DVD