The Inbetweeners - Series 1 Page 19

One of the best British sitcoms of modern times. I think one of my favourite memories about watching this as a teenager is the quote about how everyone wanted their life to be like they were in Skins, but in reality it was more like The Inbetweeners. So horrendously true Laughing out loud

The Inbetweeners official YouTube channel has been taken down due to complaints about it being offensive.

Actually it's because it's moving to BritBox but people never let facts get in the way of being outraged on the Internet.

https://www.capitalfm.com/news/tv-film/the-inbetweeners-removed-youtube/

Just checked the channel and saw in its recommended section that Balls Of Steel has its own YouTube channel, with its videos still up.

Just watched the entire series back to back, something I only ever do with Ingmar Bergman or the Spice Girls. It is beyond awesome. It has the perfect blend of anarchy (pooh, jerking off, swearing) and sitcom structure (story-lines, characters). Even the minor characters are both funny and perfectly delineated - Will's mum (phwoar), Mr Gilbert, Big John... I really wish Rik and Ade had followed this kind of route instead of the shambolic, sprawling, repetitive bollocks Bottom.
Will is exactly the same as me at that age. The only difference is that he at least tries to have a social life.
What do you call a cross between Rik Mayall and a basketball player? Greg Davies.

The only one I'm missing now is the first film. Can't track it down on BoobTube. I was amazed how good the second flick was - taking the characters out of the pressure-cooker environment and away from the cast of minor stars should be a recipe for catastrophe, but I loved every minute.
There you go, something I like and it isn't a Spice Girl.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 2nd August 2021, 3:53 PM

Just watched the entire series back to back, something I only ever do with Ingmar Bergman or the Spice Girls. It is beyond awesome. It has the perfect blend of anarchy (pooh, jerking off, swearing) and sitcom structure (story-lines, characters). Even the minor characters are both funny and perfectly delineated - Will's mum (phwoar), Mr Gilbert, Big John... I really wish Rik and Ade had followed this kind of route instead of the shambolic, sprawling, repetitive bollocks Bottom.
Will is exactly the same as me at that age. The only difference is that he at least tries to have a social life.
What do you call a cross between Rik Mayall and a basketball player? Greg Davies.

The only one I'm missing now is the first film. Can't track it down on BoobTube. I was amazed how good the second flick was - taking the characters out of the pressure-cooker environment and away from the cast of minor stars should be a recipe for catastrophe, but I loved every minute.
There you go, something I like and it isn't a Spice Girl.

Well done, you're up to 2008 now. You're getting perilously close to the present day.

And the movies are some of the best to grow out of sitcoms. Admittedly that's not saying a lot, but they are pretty good.

Yeah, I was surprised how good the (second) film was. On paper, it had all the elements of classic sitcom-to-feature f**k-up, but I really enjoyed it.

Quote: chipolata @ 2nd August 2021, 4:13 PM

Well done, you're up to 2008 now..

For a sec I thought you meant 2008 positive things. F**k!

Watching this again and again. It is sooooo f**king awesome.

Agreed.

I always think of Jo Maycock when I watch Xmas Party.

Such a funny show. I'm still missing the first film though (in both senses).

Get big. Just get BIG. Why won't you work, you ugly c...?

I watched the Warwick episode yesterday.

"Big man on campus? The go-to guy?"

One of the best, along with Duke of Edinburgh Award.

This article is so good I could've written it. Even mentions The Young Ones https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/may/01/puerile-provincial-and-prophetic-how-the-inbetweeners-became-a-classic

McKenzie, Cartwright, my office, now.
That was my Mr Gilbert impersonation. Good, isn't it?