The Other One Page 2

Very good. The surprisingly touching relationship between the two daughters is central to its success. Excellent cast. Great writing.

Nothing as bad as the egregiously classist Motherland, but the depiction of the working class side of the family felt slightly mean-spirited. There were some alright jokes here and there, but I'm pretty indifferent to it overall.

It doesn't have you rolling around the floor laughing but it's got a certain charm to it that keeps you watching. Lovely to see four female leads in a sitcom too and nice to see it moved to primetime BBC One.

Lovely to see the wonderful Sarah Kendall last night.

Really pleased to hear this has been recommissioned, more of Holly Walsh's writing is always a good thing.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/6462/the-other-one-series-2/

Well this is more like it. And the music tasters, Television, the Cars - so many interesting bits.

Fantastic start to the new series! Really love this!

Averting my eyes (in case of spoilers) and just popping into post.

Started playing catch up with this and watched up to episode 2 of series 1.

Great fun. Didn't even notice I watched a pilot and 2 numbered episodes and it didn't even show that the pilot and series had been made a few years apart!

Anyway, I went into this expecting funny and mad conflict and battling between "who's the favourite daughter!" etc and a war between the mothers, and it subverted my expectations and I'm really pleased at that - having the girls get on really well... As an example even having Cat (who you expect to be written as a stereotypical working class mess like we're used to being given in comedy) attempting to take responsibility and blame when she thinks she let Cathy's dress get ruined by her mum on her watch.

I say I'm avoiding spoilers, I did see the pic at the top suggesting a third mother (and a brother). Which to be honest without even seeing that pic, I thought Cat's "he wasn't with us on Thursdays!" in the pilot foreshadowed a potential 3rd kid.

Original and funny. As opposed to.....