Last Of The Summer Wine stage show.

Back in the 1980's Last Of The Summer Wine toured with a stage show called "Compo Plays Cupid."

Does anyone know where I could get a copy of the stage play - just for personal use to read?

Had no luck in trying to track this down but it definitely toured because I saw it in Liverpool. Great Roy Clarke writing - of course.

Any ideas??

That show definitely needed more doing to it. It just didn't go on long enough.

You can contact Roy Clarke's agent at https://theagency.co.uk/the-clients/roy-clarke/

Hooray!Someone else saw it too.I thought I'd imagined it.All the main characters except for Foggy Dewhurst,I think.

No - you didn't imagine it! Like I said, we saw it in Liverpool at the Empire Theatre. I believe Foggy wasn't in it due to actor Brian Wilde not wanting to work with Bill Owen. Didn't they refer to him as being "upstairs" or something? Mentioned but not seen.
I think I have to rate Roy Clarke as one of our greatest comedy writers. Hope the copy of the stage play turns up .... but I'm not holding my breath.

Roy Clarke was quantity over quality. Too nice 'n' cosy ' n' twee for me.
Stage shows are rarely a success. The Hitch-hikers'Guide play is considerered its worst incarnation - not bad considering So Long and etc - and the first French and Saunders tour vid didn't make me laugh once. A ''''friend'''' said he saw Allo Allo live and It was fairly gruesome.

Yes ... stage shows can be a bit of downer. Although Compo Plays Cupid I found funny. Twee .... cosy ... but great for an old fart like me. I must have already been one back in those days. I'm always amazed with Roy Clarke's work ethic. Quantity over quality? Sometimes. But you can't deny when he gets it right he gets it right. I tend to notice this more when I read his scripts. I find his books very funny too. Well worth a read.

F**king hell, someone agrees with me about something. That's three more than usual.
I f**king hate Allo Allo on telly too.

And you were going so well too,it had to happen some time.Bad luck!

Better lower my standards. Tough.