The non-cliquey pop music thread. Page 8

Becky Hill smashes it! Big Weekend medley.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/egrj6q/play/p08dxdqv/p08dpg3m

I just read, 'Every seven seconds a man in America plays a Beatles record.' What a sad bastard.

So ....they just listen to the first seven seconds and then move onto another one?

John Lennon's wife dropped an egg. Yolk. Oh. Oh no.

Here's something for you Herc. I'm sure you're more than aware although I wasn't.

Jack Nitzsche

The Reprise Singles 1963-1965

All 14 instrumental sides compiled together for the first time, most of them unavailable since their original release! - Including "The Lonely Surfer" and "The Last Race" (featured in Quentin Tarantino's 2007 film Death Proof), and the originally unreleased 1966 recording "Surf Finger".

- Four-page insert includes notes by Bryan Thomas, and many rare photographs and ephemera.

"Jack's one of the modern-day masters. His creations are on par with Mozart and the composers of the Renaissance" Neil Young

Best known as the right-hand-man and arranger of producer Phil Spector and for his work with the Rolling Stones or Neil Young, among many others, Bernard Alfred "Jack" Nitzsche also worked extensively in film scores, notably for films such as Performance, The Exorcist and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (in 1983, he won the Academy Award for Best Original Song for co-writing "Up Where We Belong").

By the early Sixties, Jack Nitzsche was already making a name for himself on the West Coast music scene, especially because of his phenomenal success scoring big hits for Phil Spector. His studio prowess was in such heavy demand that it ultimately led to Nitzsche wanting to branch out on his own. A recording deal as a solo artist with Reprise Records was signed and Nitzsche scored one of the label's first pop hits with his first single, the instrumental "The Lonely Surfer". It spent eight weeks on Billboard's Hot 100 charts, peaking at #39 on September 13, 1963. Now, for the first time ever, all seven of these instrumental Reprise singles, produced by Jimmy Bowen and released under Jack Nitzsche's own name between July 1963 and October 1965 - some of the later ones credited to Nitzsche as producer - have finally been compiled together for this vinyl LP collection.

Among the many highlights on this collection is "The Last Race", a hot rod go-go rockin' instrumental which Nitzsche had originally composed for Village of the Giants (1965), that found new life again some forty-plus years later when it was used during the opening sequence of Quentin Tarantino's film Death Proof, part of Grindhouse (2007). As a bonus, the originally unreleased 1966 recording "Surf Finger" is included. Originally titled "The Blow Up", this stunning Cooper/Nitzsche composition showcased their fascination with the Antonioni movie as they wrote it as somewhere between a film theme and a surf record.

£27.00

Ed f**king Sheeran outdoes himself again: "My new single is totally different from anything else I've done. It sounds great!"

That wouldn't have to be difficult.

The original 1910 version of Two Little Boys. Originally recorded on cylinder. (Well you won't hear the 1969 version played any more!)

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 6th July 2022, 9:10 PM

The original 1910 version of Two Little Boys. Originally recorded on cylinder. (Well you won't hear the 1969 version played any more!)

Rolf Harris got his lips round Two Little Boys too.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 11th July 2022, 9:08 PM

I would have thought that was extremely cliquey.

Opinions vary.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 12th July 2022, 10:50 PM

Opinions vary.

Well no. This thread is not for pretentious posers. It's for stuff that everyone knows like The Beatles, Take That and MM's favourites One Direction.

YouTube should change its name.
It was a derivation of you watching the tube.
YouFlatScreen

It was 60 years (and a month)ago today ............
Love me do was released.
Martin wanted How do you do it but they thought it was too white and wanted their own.
Full article: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-10-05/beatles-60-years-since-first-single-love-me-do/101483172