I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,169

Thanks very much.That site is new to me :)

The Liason Committee was the worst performance by a politician I've ever seen on television and that includes when one was replaced by a tub of lard on Have I Got News For You.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 27th May 2020, 5:25 PM

The Liason Committee was the worst performance by a politician I've ever seen on television and that includes when one was replaced by a rub of lard on Have I Got News For You.

Missed it, I was driving 200 miles- or was I?
Maybe I'm just a lying self important weasel with a non essential job

This evening it was observed that Dominic Cummings was not out on his doorstep clapping the nhs workers

When queried he explained he had to drive to Durham , as he had realised he had left the gas on

Police murder an unarmed black man. Falsely claim he was resisting arrest. Then arrest a black CNN reporter while the killer policeman remains free. Trump has ceaselessly claimed CNN is public enemy number one. Trump wades in to gleefully tweet about the shooting starts. Meanwhile, Twitter gets irked by Trump's bullshit. Trump threatens to shut down Twitter and issues an executive order to crack down on internet content that pisses him off. Will the next US election essentially come down to: Do you support a racist, sexist, mendacious f**kwit or not? Or is Joe Biden such a lame alternative that Trump will be re-elected? Or do most Americans simply not care because they are preoccupied with junk food, junk TV and junk social media?

Quote: Kenneth @ 29th May 2020, 4:58 PM

Police murder an unarmed black man. Falsely claim he was resisting arrest. Then arrest a black CNN reporter while the killer policeman remains free. Trump has ceaselessly claimed CNN is public enemy number one. Trump wades in to gleefully tweet about the shooting starts. Meanwhile, Twitter gets irked by Trump's bullshit. Trump threatens to shut down Twitter and issues an executive order to crack down on internet content that pisses him off. Will the next US election essentially come down to: Do you support a racist, sexist, mendacious f**kwit or not? Or is Joe Biden such a lame alternative that Trump will be re-elected? Or do most Americans simply not care because they are preoccupied with junk food, junk TV and junk social media?

Let's break this down:

Police murder an unarmed black man.
Innocent until proven guilty, at least in this country.

Then arrest a black CNN reporter while the killer policeman remains free.
Incorrect. The cop was arrested.

Trump threatens to shut down Twitter and issues an executive order to crack down on internet content that pisses him off.
Incorrect. That is not what the executive order says. It is also in line with what Joe Biden was saying just a few months ago.

Will the next US election essentially come down to: Do you support a racist, sexist, mendacious f**kwit or not?
Not one of those has ever been proven, as far as I can recall. Trump's first response to the death in Minneapolis was to promise an investigation and mourn the loss of the man's life.

Or do most Americans simply not care because they are preoccupied with junk food, junk TV and junk social media?
Stereotype much? Stereotyping is a primary component of racism.

Defending Trump.
Jeez. Can a person get any lower?

Quote: Lazzard @ 29th May 2020, 10:35 PM

Defending Trump.
Jeez. Can a person get any lower?

Correcting mistakes, falsehoods, and lies and advocating the truth? Is there anything more noble?

In every age it has been the tyrant, the oppressor and the exploiter who has wrapped himself in the cloak of patriotism, or religion, or both to deceive and overawe the People." Eugene Victor Debs

These days it's OK for some to lie but not the rest of us. In fact Trump and Boris have built their political personas on telling outrageous fibs which their supporters are happy to swallow every time.

Quote: DaButt @ 29th May 2020, 10:39 PM

Correcting mistakes, falsehoods, and lies and advocating the truth? Is there anything more noble?

Sorry, DB - didn't mean to make it personal.
Just angry that such a deplorable human being has clawed his way to power.
We should all be ashamed that we let this happen.
It's the same here.

Why was it a 'racist' killing?

Did he call him a 'N'? Or something similar?

Some over zealous thug of a cop accidentally kills someone by being a violent moron - but automatically because poor guy was black , it's racial

If the cop killed a white guy in the same way, would we even be talking about this? Would people be rioting in the streets?

It's like, a white person gets killed by a cop, nothing is made of it

But it happens to someone who happens to be black - the whole world hears about it

Don't get me wrong, it's possible it could have been racially motivated- but do we actually know that??

Quote: lofthouse @ 30th May 2020, 12:08 PM

Don't get me wrong

No chance of that.
I think we all know exactly what your position is.

Ummm

I'm gonna say, no, no you don't

Quote: lofthouse @ 30th May 2020, 12:08 PM

Why was it a 'racist' killing?

Did he call him a 'N'? Or something similar?

As the Police love to say they have previous; in 2018 in some police districts in America you were over 600% more likely to be stopped and searched if you were black, that's in 2018. We had a similar problem just before the Brixton riots (39 years ago). Black lives matters campaign is highlighting a similar statistic for dying in Police custody in America. The guy that died this time was at the hands of a Police department with a terrible track record, of course it needed highlighting. It was clearly bad Policing and of course racists never own up, but what other motive did he have to applying undue aggression ? Does it matter, if your goal is to stop black people dying in custody, you highlight every black person dying in custody. If you apply probable cause, then "we know" this Copper got it wrong, he killed someone. It is beyond reasonable doubt that America's Police have a racist problem as evidenced by harassment figures and deaths in custody. To answer your question, no idea if the N word was used.