Genius

Am I the only one terribly disappointed at how stupid Dominic Cummings is? When he called the press conference I thought he was going to turn the tables and astound his critics with ground breaking revelations.
Instead all he came up with was the type of lies a kid of 7 does when a green house window is broken.
He cited an article he allegedly wrote with amazing foresight last year, and within minutes a kid of 14 was able to show that he itdoctored two weeks ago?
If it wasn't for tame reporters being called up to ask pre-planned questions it would be obvious to all that he is nothing more than a charlatan and not a very good one at that.

He thinks he doesn't need to convince us because he thinks we're all mugs.
Essentially his Brexit strategy, re-hashed.

I know that Lazzard but were you not shocked at how infantile his excuse was given we have been led to believe he is a genius? I was genuinely expecting him to turn the tables and produce a game changer to shut the media up once and for all. Sadly all I saw was piss poor lying that has kidded no one.
I see Rabbs up next to throw himself on the altar to save the 'Boss' just like Johnson did yesterday.
However once Whitty and the Bods get questioned on it , they will have a choice of answering with integrity or go full 'Gove' Should they choose the latter we will lose credible scientific advice alongside trust in the government itself.

I don't think they were really tame reporters.

Its all down to what depth you like to go with a story? As writers we all know that the devil is in the detail and we do our level best to create that, I just expect the same degree of craftsmanship from allegedly leading journalists.

It'll all be yesterday's news soon and all forgotten about

It's just good to get a reminder now and then that the country is run by liars and arseholes

This ones not going away. The people want blood and they have plenty of time on their hands to see they get it. Cummings is the spawn of social media and now we will see infanticide.

No one has dealt with this in the proper political manner.
Boris should have made a big thing about sacking him only to quietly re-instate him months from now when he hopes it will be all forgotten.

John if this conversation wasn't already on the internet , I would be forced to ask you if you have ever heard of the internet? Cummings himself is born of it, he knows its power, in fact he thought he could harness it but he has always known you can't hide from it.
Even what your suggesting, which appears to be some sort of 'Cash in Hand' work done in the dead of night and dropped off in a brown envelope would be uncovered,
Besides Cummings would not and could not settle for not being named as the 'Cardinal' behind any successful policy , its his ego you see .

He will get away with it

The Tories are polling 50% + with the electorate right now

They've got a massive majority in the commons

They can afford to take on some shit for a few weeks and won't care

When you give the tories a big majority you give them the nod to do whatever f**king crap they want

Labour are partly to blame of course - you put up a potential PM in bloody Corbyn and quelle surprise they vote for a fat wanker like Johnson instead

I'm getting a bit fed up with the attitudes of some people on here and their personal attacks on people.

When it comes to comedy fair enough we have different opinions - that's what this site should be all about.

However when it comes to politics there seems to be a lot of intolerance of other peoples views.

Consequently I'm considering leaving as well. All I do have to say though is I hope these current distractions don't delay Brexit and we get out, with or without a deal as soon as possible.

Chappers parody and lampooning is the cornerstone of comedy , I have seen nothing personal on here? I could see Billy Bunter having a gripe with some of the stuff I said to him but to his credit he gives as good as he gets.
If however you are upset by the things being said about a pair of proven liars such as Johnson and Cummings then perhaps you should join the Ceebeebies site as they tell jokes with the corners sanded down.

Storm in a teacup. Unless there's some fresh revelations it'll stagger on a bit more then something new will come along. Although it is fun watching top Tories forced onto TV to defend a charmless bully a great many of them hate.

A storm can sink boats and Boris's approval rating has plummeted from 46% in March to -1% today. I think the public's appetite for the nasty party might wain when the various coronovirus enquiries peak just before the next election.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 26th May 2020, 3:43 PM

...Dominic Cummings ... came up with was the type of lies a kid of 7 does

They say Trump acts like an 8 year old child, even the bible said beware of adults with negative child like emotions - they must have had vampires back then too.

Quote: Firkin @ 26th May 2020, 11:44 PM

A storm can sink boats and Boris's approval rating has plummeted from 46% in March to -1% today. I think the public's appetite for the nasty party might wain when the various coronovirus enquiries peak just before the next election.

I too dream of living in a utopia where public enquiries actually make a difference, but I fear the age of accountability is dead. I agree it is damaging to Boris etc, but I too thought that Donald Trump talking about grabbing women's private parts and mocking the parents of a dead American soldier would damage him electorally, and it didn't.