I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,168

Quote: chipolata @ 25th May 2020, 7:21 AM

...I am in favour of accountability and consistency and the rules applying to everyone.

Wouldn't that mean Cummings gets a fine and Boris apologises? However if they both dig their hypocritical feet in, it will create more damage. I hoping they keep digging that hole.

Lets be honest, politicians are not known for their scruples.
They'd happily stab each other in the front, chuck them under a bus or kick them out of the party.
And it's been done for far less than this.
The Johnson family are particularly lacking on the loyalty front.
So, just how much of a hold has Dominic Cummings got over BoJo that he won't do to him what he and his ilk have done to countless others? Remember "He has my full support" used to be code for "He's out the door tomorrow".
And U-turns? In the face of recent public outcry he had no trouble reversing the decision to charge overseas staff for using the NHS - political nouse, not a change of heart btw.
But in the face of this huge outcry, he's sticking by Dom.
Has he suddenly grown a backbone - a dose of integrity - that means he'll stand by an old chum?
Bollocks.
Either he feels he can't govern without this unelected nerd in his corner (worrying, to say the least) or, the guy has something on him.
I know where my money lies.

I like that CumGate is now trending on twitter.

Quote: john tregorran @ 25th May 2020, 7:11 AM

The spirit of Arthur Daley lives on in most of the world leaders at the moment.Australia included.

Do what? I'm not well acquainted with the incumbent Aussie PM, but his pathetic pandering to the public by using stupid phrases such as "how good is this?" can in no way be equated to the verbal brilliance of Arthur Daley (whose "spirit" of entrepreneurial flair was far more decent than the ethics of present-day politicians).

Arthur had a certain charm that's true but he was still a shifty, unprincipled, lying spiv.

Yeah even Terry hated his guts most of the time!

Quote: john tregorran @ 25th May 2020, 7:45 PM

Arthur had a certain charm that's true but he was still a shifty, unprincipled, lying spiv.

Yes, but not an outright villain. His only attempt at politics ended poorly because he wasn't sufficiently high-class unscrupulous.

Bacefook this week
1. Dominic Cummings
2. Dominic Cummings
3. Dominic Cummings
4. Dominic Cummings
5. Dominic Cummings
6. Dominic Cummings
7. Dominic Cummings
8. Dominic Cummings
9. Dominic Cummings
10. Mike for the last f**king time, stfu about the f**king Spice Girls. Sooooo repetitive.

Quote: Firkin @ 25th May 2020, 10:59 AM

Wouldn't that mean Cummings gets a fine and Boris apologises? However if they both dig their hypocritical feet in, it will create more damage. I hoping they keep digging that hole.

Looks that way, they're desperate to not hand a victory to the hated media. A big mistake as they've now completely lost all authority over Lockdown. Even issuing fines now will seem like King John's henchmen carrying out the work of commoner hating hypocrites who are free to do as they please. And he will be hounded more than ever now.

Every single question at the briefing today about Cummings. Really all Starmer has to do is sit back and watch the lies and inconsistencies pile up. Gove saying that he too goes for a drive to test his eyesight earlier today made me chuckle.

I'm biased but I'm pretty impressed with Starmer so far

Cool calm and collected!

Yes ,he looks quite normal compared to his predecessor whose name I've forgotten.

Quote: Kenneth @ 26th May 2020, 5:19 AM

Yes, but not an outright villain. His only attempt at politics ended poorly because he wasn't sufficiently high-class unscrupulous.

I missed that one.Looks good.I'm going to have a grub around utube.

From this point forward every difficult choice, every moral dilemma i face will now be dealt with by asking 'what would Dominic Cummings do?' I feel superior already

Quote: lofthouse @ 26th May 2020, 8:04 PM

I'm biased but I'm pretty impressed with Starmer so far

Cool calm and collected!

This might just be me but every time I see his picture I think Tommy Robinson, they both have that , I'm going to headbutt you look. It's just me isn't' it ? If you think he's good lofthouse I'll put the volume up next time he guests on a comedy panel show.

Quote: john tregorran @ 26th May 2020, 8:32 PM

I missed that one.Looks good.I'm going to have a grub around utube.

I think that episode, S05 E08, and most others have been removed from YouTube. You'll find it on Daily Motion: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3xp4qm