I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,167

Quote: Firkin @ 24th May 2020, 5:07 PM

The BBC's world service is the biggest of it's kind and you call that feeble ? That's like calling the leader of world's most powerful nation feeble; I get it now.

It is a shadow of what it used to be. Opinionated bores do not news make.

Yet they are the backbone of forums.

What Johnson did today will lead to his downfall as it finally exposed him to be what everyone at Eton and the bubble already knew him to be. A political blancmange, spineless and shivering in the public's glare. Churchill my arse , he's more like Frank Spencer as everything he touches breaks,

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 24th May 2020, 9:48 PM

What Johnson did today will lead to his downfall as it finally exposed him to be everyone at Eton and the bubble already knew , he is a political blancmange, spineless and shivering in the public's glare. Churchill my arse , he's more like Frank Spencer as everything he touches breaks,

That's a lie. Frank Spencer had a heart.

You're right I'm sorry.

.... and yet the British people gave him a massive landslide win in the last GE

He'll get away with it. We live in an age where the bad guys go unpunished.

Not this time, it is the last straw , he has failed at every turn during this crisis and the man he is backing is now a 'Public Pariah' and he has hitched himself to a falling star. I reckon Boris could be in serious trouble with the back benchers and Patel and Sunack are more than capable of having a punt at taking the big chair off him .

Leaders without a hart are being exposed during this coronavirus crisis, now there's a sliver lining.

Quote: chipolata @ 24th May 2020, 10:41 PM

Sad but true.

You lot could all stand outside and bang a saucepan on command, so if you all genuinely feel the Boris guy is a villain who must be ousted for the good of the country, then just get everyone to do a simultaneous anti-Boz saucepan chant.

The spirit of Arthur Daley lives on in most of the world leaders at the moment.Australia included.

Quote: Kenneth @ 25th May 2020, 2:34 AM

You lot could all stand outside and bang a saucepan on command, so if you all genuinely feel the Boris guy is a villain who must be ousted for the good of the country, then just get everyone to do a simultaneous anti-Boz saucepan chant.

I'm not in favour of saucepan banging or clapping for anyone (give frontline workers better wages and adequate ppe not claps) but I am in favour of accountability and consistency and the rules applying to everyone.

I'm honestly not so sure. This isn't going away and the longer Cummings stays I'm convinced Boris would have to resign too.

It isn't going away but Boris clearly feels he can't function without Cummings. And on the back of last weeks U turn he will look weak if he gives into public pressure yet again. That said, I wouldn't bet against Cummings resigning and then slithering back six months down the road.