I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,166

You may well be right, Paul.

Accordingly, I have deleted my mixed-up joke.

I really must think these things through before posting.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 18th May 2020, 12:47 PM

But don't worry, in line with my undertaking above, I will make sure that I don't show any empathy for those potentially thus affected in any future posts.

It's no good, Bunter. You're not allowed to exercise that mind of yours until you agree to stand outside your house, banging a saucepan. Preferably your own saucepan and not Horace Coker's saucepan of tuck from his Aunt Judy.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 18th May 2020, 12:47 PM

I have certainly been attempting to debate it. With facts & statistics to back it up. Unfortunately I am getting no counter-debate other than abusive and condescending comments. But don't worry, I will make sure any comments I post in the future coincide with the views of the majority on these forums. That's obviously the best way of debating vital issues in a democracy.

Enough with the drama. I'm not sure you have ever backed up your arguments with anything other than quotes from Jefferson Airplane. Or Thomas Jefferson, one of the two.

That aside, I made a point earlier in this thread that if we hadn't had the lock-down then the death toll would have been higher and we would have still had an a massive economic downturn. Interestingly, what has happened in Sweden has proved me right. They had a no-lockdown strategy and left shops and restaurants open. I think they now have the highest death rate per capita in the world and an economy that's just as buggered as the rest of the world.

Fair points, but Sweden has done the world a favour in these uncertain times, we need to experiment to find our way out of this. Their overall deaths per million population is 8th in the table and only 7.3% of people in Stockholm tested positive in April and their hospitals haven't been overwhelmed as yet. They also still have public support. Surely the question is how long do we wait before breaking cover ? Ironically Sweden's approach makes more sense than the ones presented by the leader of the world's largest economy.

Quote: Firkin @ 22nd May 2020, 9:10 AM

Surely the question is how long do we wait before breaking cover ?.

It feels like people are already breaking cover. I've been working throughout the lockdown. At first the car parks around my company were empty, but this last week the majority seem to be back to full capacity.

Ironically Sweden's approach makes more sense than the ones presented by the leader of the world's largest economy.

I don't think anybody looks at America anymore as a sensible country. It's a toxic swamp presided over by a spiteful clown in orangeface.

Their overall deaths per million population is 8th in the table and only 7.3% of people in Stockholm tested positive in April and their hospitals haven't been overwhelmed as yet.

The world covid19 league table is skewed insofar as several nations are not doing much testing and are under-counting their covid19 fatalities.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1263818537132531714 "Mask-Shaming" - the latest craze to hit 'Murica.
F**k me, they're thick.

I wish people would quit generalising people all the time

Sure America has some people who are undoubtedly 'thick' - but so does all countries

I for example have to share a country with some people who are thick as pig shit - are all English people thick? No

Quit tarring all Americans with the same brush

"An amateur chef has gone viral with her easy guide to making a red velvet 'mugcake' in the microwave in one minute. . . . Posting the tutorial to YouTube, she racked up hundreds of views and comments with her user-friendly vlog." says today's Daily Mail.

Now, I'm not an expert on social media but does "hundreds of views" equate to "going viral"?

I've just checked the video on YouTube and at the last count, it had been viewed 489 times.

By way of contrast, the music video "Despacito" has been viewed 6,700,000,000 times.

Yes, that's 6.7 BILLION times.

Now, that's what I call viral! Laughing out loud

I assume we're all OK with the fact that the law doesn't apply to Dominic Cummings as confirmed even by the Attorney General.

I'm not sure I like this interactive Black Mirror episode.

Now, I'm not an expert on music, but this article from The Guardian is the most jaw-dropping bit of journalism I've ever read: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/15/music-productivity-working-from-home Apparently, you can do your work while listening to music that you enjoy! Mind blown! All you have to do is get the songs you like and put them in a playlist and then play them! :O How cool is that?! I thought The Guardian could never top the pinnacle of its clever journalism when it told me that listening to Morrissey was uncool: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jul/08/how-to-treat-morrissey-stop-listening-to-him-stewart-lee . Feeling so blessed :)

International Development Secretary Anne-Marie Trevelyan, 51, sent a WhatsApp message to fellow MPs containing the following image:

Needless to say, there are calls for her to be sacked.

Lol it's kinda funny

Quote: lofthouse @ 24th May 2020, 2:09 PM

Lol it's kinda funny

Grossly unprofessional to share in a work group.

Bur for now, Dominic Cummings is dominating BBC World's feeble TV news. You'd think Cummings had used a dildo to bludgeon a bunch of nuns to death in a tampon factory, the way the talking heads are bleating about it.

Quote: Kenneth @ 24th May 2020, 4:29 PM

...BBC World's feeble TV news...

The BBC's world service is the biggest of it's kind and you call that feeble ? That's like calling the leader of world's most powerful nation feeble; I get it now.