BREXIT Page 23

They're going to protect the UK car industry , so we're still giving to the EU and only this time we get nothing in return. Even BMW beats us on penalties.

Quote: chipolata @ 19th May 2020, 9:39 AM

On the plus side we are all now used to empty shelves and rising unemployment.

Q: What's the difference between Brexit and Coronavirus?
A: Old people aren't so keen on the Coronavirus.

Boris Johnson has now almost completely disappeared so I doubt that he has the stomach for Brexit anymore.
He has always known its a load of bollocks but he thought he could 'Blag It' well he has now seen at first hand where 'Blagging' gets you thanks to this virus and its ability to show that we are a small lump of land with small minds at the helm and with little or no logistics and with barely any industry. Brexit my arse we should be begging the Germans to help us stay in,

The opposite will happen.
The cost of a No Deal Brexit will be swept under the Covid-19 carpet.
The hard-liners are going to get exactly what they want.

Won't there be an inquiry about Corvid-19 later in the year? Can't see how even the hard-liners adding to the bill after this.

I can see why you say that Lazzard, but Covid is disproportionally taking out Brexit voters and we're seeing our crops rot in the fields which pushes the argument for immigrant workers. Also few governments are voted back in off the back of a recession. So maybe the time will be right at some point, maybe ?

Quote: Firkin @ 19th May 2020, 2:18 PM

So maybe the time will be right at some point, maybe ?

How though? We won't be asked, so it doesn't matter what our opinion is.
Boris has fired the bulk of the vocal Remain MPs.
Keir is stymied because of Catweazle's shit handling of Brexit - he can't be seen as a Remainer or he'll split the party again and have Momentum up his arse as quick as a flash.
I can literally see no way out of it.
And we'll be out of Europe well before any electioneer or Covid-19 enquiry, so it's a done deal.
F**king car-crash.

Well, Coronavirus has only hardened my Brexit stance and I'll tell you why. Any sympathies I had for young pro EUers and immigrants have vanished after weeks of witnessing blatant disregard for the safety of others by groups consisting almost entirely of young people and immigrants.

Those poor hard done by millennials have done nothing but display their selfishness and detachment from norms that apply to us all. Those poor hard done by immigrants have me wishing I had a 30 calibre machine gun in my bedroom. Not a f**k was given for vulnerable people who could die as a consequence of their detachment from this country's rules or this country's people. So why the f**k should I feel for their post Brexit plight? Roll On Brexit double speed!!!

Weird isn't it - a whole demographic who couldn't give a f**k about anyone else's life chances...

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 19th May 2020, 4:13 PM

Well, Coronavirus has only hardened my Brexit stance and I'll tell you why. Any sympathies I had for young pro EUers and immigrants have vanished after weeks of witnessing blatant disregard for the safety of others by groups consisting almost entirely of young people and immigrants.

Those poor hard done by millennials have done nothing but display their selfishness and detachment from norms that apply to us all. Those poor hard done by immigrants have me wishing I had a 30 calibre machine gun in my bedroom. Not a f**k was given for vulnerable people who could die as a consequence of their detachment from this country's rules or this country's people. So why the f**k should I feel for their post Brexit plight? Roll On Brexit double speed!!!

So you're basically saying you're in favour of Brexit because it's a way of f**king over people you hate. At least you're not even pretending anything positive will come out of it.

Quote: chipolata @ 19th May 2020, 5:31 PM

Brexit - it's a way of f**king over people you hate.

They should have put that on the side of a bus.
At least it's honest.

Quote: chipolata @ 19th May 2020, 5:31 PM

So you're basically saying you're in favour of Brexit because it's a way of f**king over people you hate. At least you're not even pretending anything positive will come out of it.

No, I'm saying both those groups had the opportunity to gain my sympathy and support for their post Brexit plights by caring for the safety of fellow citizens from a killer virus and they f**ked us all up the arse without a condom. I haven't f**ked anyone over, but that lot have potentially f**ked us all without a care just to stop their daily routine being affected. So my concerns for them via Brexit have gone. Quite different to what you said I said.

At least they used a condom. I was wondering how you were faring Alfred. So all we need to do is type Brexit three times and we have your ear ? How bad would our economy need to get before you changed your vote ?

Don't know if anyone's had any thoughts about Brexit recently. Only there have been no posts since May. Have people lost interest?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 16th December 2020, 10:51 AM

Don't know if anyone's had any thoughts about Brexit recently. Only there have been no posts since May. Have people lost interest?

:D:D