Coronavirus Page 57

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 18th May 2020, 8:15 AM

Has there ever been a more obvious example of how much disregard the Governent has for ordinary folk than schools reopening except the likes of Eton, who are staying closed until September.

Brexit
Allowing tootie fruities to be discontinued
Poll Tax
Gorden Brown
How long have you got ?

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 18th May 2020, 8:15 AM

Has there ever been a more obvious example of how much disregard the Governent has for ordinary folk than schools reopening except the likes of Eton, who are staying closed until September.

Or it could just be that Eton doesn't cater for the primary school age groups for which return is currently being planned. And I thought most forum members seemed to be anti-conspiracy theories.

Even the Guardian is reporting that school closures is adversely affecting the poorest children. One can't have it both ways.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/18/keeping-schools-closed-in-england-will-widen-educational-inequalities-study-ifs

One can have it any way it wants to Billy so stop being so mug and start thinking about other peoples outlooks on the issue rather than presuming that your own is superior to others. And before you deny it don't bother you're wasting your time as arrogance is not intelligence .
When I risk my life and my kids risk theirs it will be based on what 'Reputable Scientists' say not on the whim of right wing bigots.

Yes, of course we're all concerned about whether the time is right for schools to re-open, whether for our own children or for those of friends and relatives. If that had been the question I would not have responded since neither I, nor, I suspect, anyone else on these forums can give a definitive answer to that. But that wasn't the question I was addressing. The (implied) question was why well-to-do pupils at Eton are being treated more favourably to those at state schools.

Billy I'm sorry but you can dress your shit up anyway you want, its still vitriolic !

They've got to get the workers back to work and most can't do that with kids at home.
I don't think this would effect the parents of Eton pupils

I liked Nancy Pelosi's concern over Idiot-in-Chief Trump taking hydroxychloroquine, because he's old and morbidly obese. That will rankle him so much.

I love it when highly educated people start calling people lard arses. Shame he's not female because a full on cat fight with hair pulling would be TV gold. She's 80 ! America is being governed by a retirement home, this coronavirus could wipe out their entire Administration. Forget about Trump's wall, Mexico will be building the world's longest medical curtain.

She was just expressing concern for an elderly man who is morbidly obese. We need more kindness like that in America.

Apparently that drug makes your hair fall out

If he starts wearing a baseball cap soon you'll know why

Quote: chipolata @ 19th May 2020, 11:41 AM

She was just expressing concern for an elderly man who is morbidly obese. We need more kindness like that in America.

Fair point. But he doesn't really look "morbidly obese" to me. That said he's 6ft 3 and 17 stone, so the morbidly bar is much lower than I thought.

Quote: Firkin @ 19th May 2020, 12:48 PM

Fair point. But he doesn't really look "morbidly obese" to me. That said he's 6ft 3 and 17 stone, so the morbidly bar is much lower than I thought.

I think "morbidly obese" means either a BMI of 40+ . . . or 7-stone+ overweight.

If the above height and weight are correct, I calculate his BMI to be fractionally less than 30, meaning he's overweight and just nudging the "obese" classification.

Nice to see Ian Duncan-Smith weighing in.
A man who refuses to let the fact that he's out of office get in the way of killing poor people.

I see the government are saying we will have to rely on British workers to harvest our crops this year. Looks like we won't be getting any crops this year then.

Quote: Lazzard @ 19th May 2020, 4:45 PM

Nice to see Ian Duncan-Smith weighing in.
A man who refuses to let the fact that he's out of office get in the way of killing poor people.

He is an horrendous human being. And his neck seems to have disappeared at some point.

One day sometime in the future, God willing, the truth will come out about how many people died during his time in government

Hounded the needy and disadvantaged to suicide in their droves