Status report Page 6,069

Congratulations!

Thanks, everyone! To top it all off, I submitted the final paper for my degree last night and it was approved today - only 31 years after I took my first university course. Not sure that a degree in Cybersecurity will do much for me at 57, but I'm happy to have finished what was interrupted by single parenthood all those years ago.

Awesome buddy!

Cybersecurity..?

Omg you're planning to build Terminators aren't you?

Quote: lofthouse @ 15th May 2020, 9:07 PM

Cybersecurity..?

Omg you're planning to build Terminators aren't you?

Planning? I work on a military base so we're way past the planning stage. ;)

I am just reading a newspaper article about a senior politician who has "squired" a young woman.

As soon as I read it, I was denouncing him as a pervert and demanding his immediate arrest and prosecution.

It was at that point that I realised I didn't actually know what the word meant.

A short investigation via Google reveals that it means simply to accompany or to go around with.

Okay, cancel the dawn raid.

To please the old timers: Ben has NOT had his hair cut for over three months now.

Ben is glad that the weekend is here. And he bought a moka pot the other day.

Had a phone interview earlier today and it went very well. If I get the job it'll mean a $25,000 to $35,000 increase over my current salary. Fingers crossed.

Quote: DaButt @ 19th June 2020, 9:35 PM

Had a phone interview earlier today and it went very well. If I get the job it'll mean a $25,000 to $35,000 increase over my current salary. Fingers crossed.

I hope you get it, DaButt.

They say America is the land of opportunity - maybe this is yours!

I wish you the very best of luck!

Ben is praying that his coffee beans get delivered from the roaster this morning. He is struggling to drink the emergency coffee he has to hand.

Quote: Ben @ 14th June 2020, 11:13 PM

To please the old timers**: Ben has NOT had his hair cut for over three months now.

**I'm one, and remember that very slick avatar - I think we deserve to see this new hippy look to cheer us up.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th June 2020, 9:11 AM

**I'm one, and remember that very slick avatar - I think we deserve to see this new hippy look to cheer us up.

It's not quite hippy yet, but approaching early Duran Duran.

So.... a bit girly then?

Quote: lofthouse @ 20th June 2020, 12:07 PM

So.... a bit girly then?

You can't say that in the current climate!

But I am thinking of having some blonde highlights put through it.

Phwoar!