Big Brother Page 2

Quote: Wheeler @ November 17, 2006, 3:13 PM

I saw the trailer for Princess Nikki and one minute of the silly cow whining and acting like a five year old was enough for me. Who in their right mind thinks, what's on TV tonight?..oooohhhh I know, Princess Nikki - thirty minutes of an obviously deeply disturbed young woman shouting 'look at me, love me!!!' whilst members of the public laugh at her. Let's watch that.

The same kind of intellectually barren scum who watch the programme in the first place. ;)

Was she from BB? I'm proud to say that I have never watched it. I also saw the trailer and wondered why someone had given the stupid bint her own TV show. It was telling that they dumped it in a graveyard slot on E4.

i was channel hopping and came across it. sadly i had seen her on jonathen ross so i knew who it was. it was terrible and i couldnt watch it- not that i intened to- i personally hate all that reality shite thats stuck on tv.

Big Brother made a multi millionaire out of Jade Goody. *face burning with shame that i know her name* need i say more..

This is one of the worst reality shows ever. Just stupid

I watched the first seven series and enjoyed them all - apart from the yawnfest series 4. Then I just stopped watching.

"Big Brother" is coming back onto our screens!

Well, not really but there's going to be a compilation show commissioned by Channel 4 and entitled "Big Brother's Best Shows Ever Show".

It'll include excerpts from celebrity editions and normal editions of the show and will be fronted by Davina and Rylan.

Talking about Davina, and talking about celebrity editions of the show, BCG members who are BB and CBB fans will almost certainly remember the celebrity series in which Chantelle Houghton was introduced into the show as a fake celebrity. She was a completely unknown member of the public but Michael Barrymore (all credit to him) pretended to recognise her - and none of the other celebrities denounced her as a fake during the initial week or so before which she confessed that it was all a stunt.

Anyway, I suspect very few people indeed are aware that when Chantelle was put into the show, Max Clifford (who always claimed to have engineered her appearance on the show as a fake celebrity) arranged a considerable number of interviews and appearances to launch what he expected to be a very lucrative post-show career for her.

For some reason, however, he failed to sign her up before she went on the show but what could possibly go wrong?

In the event, not only was she a very popular contestant on the show, she actually won it - so Max must have been jumping for joy.

The snag for Max was that as soon as she left the house, Chantelle was persuaded by Davina to sign up with her agent rather than with Max.

To say that Max was hopping mad with Davina would be to understate the case to some considerable degree.

As soon as he found out what Davina had done, he swore to use all his power and every media contact he had in order to destroy her upcoming BBC talk show.

Davina's chat show aired a fortnight later and - surprise, surprise - was absolutely panned by the critics.

Whether because it really was crap or because the public, being told again and again and again by media critics that it was crap, it never took off and at no time did it attract a significant audience.

Predictably, it was cancelled after one very unsuccessful series.