I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,163

The BBC was fine until it decided it needed to change.

The result was, in large part, rather like David Walliams' character's attempts to pass himself off as "a lady" in Little Britain.

Quote: lofthouse @ 7th May 2020, 10:59 AM

Not just internet access

You need unlimited data internet too

In the next few years that'll be cheap as chips.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 7th May 2020, 11:17 AM

The BBC was fine until it decided it needed to change.

The result was, in large part, rather like David Walliams' character's attempts to pass himself off as "a lady" in Little Britain.

Sorry, you seem to be confusing me with non-PC?

Quote: Lazzard @ 7th May 2020, 12:04 PM

In the next few years that'll be cheap as chips.

People have been saying that for years...!

Quote: Lazzard @ 6th May 2020, 11:53 AM

I think it should concentrate on news and quality - even, dare I say it, highbrow - content.
That's what it's famous for outside the UK - and that's where it's market needs to be in a streaming future.

Having been an intermittent viewer of BBC World TV news for a long time, I rarely bother with it now because it has become so vapid, shallow and dumb. Used to be we could see John Simpson, Lyse Doucet and other decent reporters just doing proper reporting. Now it's more like a competition to see who can be the most trite and banal, as if imitating the commercial networks. You get the feeling there are "new brooms" who have a "vision and mission" to throw out the old and replace them with bland banter bores. Still, it's better than the godawful RT Russian channel.

If you're looking for an interesting virtual background for your video teleconference software, the BBC have made dozens of scenes available from classic sitcoms and television shows:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/archive/empty_sets_collection/zfvy382

Can't wait for the queen's speech. It'll make all the difference.

Perhaps she'll tell us why Holly has quit Celebrity Juice.

Quote: john tregorran @ 8th May 2020, 9:04 PM

I can remember telling BCG members why Jane McDonald left Channel 5.

Shortly thereafter, Jane was on "This Morning" telling a completely different story.

If the queen does tell us why Holly quit "Celebrity Juice", you can bet your bottom dollar Holly will tell it very differently. Laughing out loud

They keep saying that everyone on VE Day went raving mad but it just isn't true. All they did was drink a bottle of mild, climb columns in policemen's helmets and peck while doing the conga. There was no lying on backs, no bellowing out with a lot of swearing about your personal best in the marathon and certainly no lewd acts on the streets to a blaring Ozzy Rotten and the Sex Sabbath. I was very much part of that war generation myself when a teenager in the early 1980s.

What's the difference between the 18th and now? 9 days. Not actually falling for it again, are you?

Quote: A Horseradish @ 8th May 2020, 11:19 PM

They keep saying that everyone on VE Day went raving mad but it just isn't true. All they did was drink a bottle of mild, climb columns in policemen's helmets

What sort of columns do you get in policemen's helmets?

Quote: Chappers @ 10th May 2020, 8:23 PM

What sort of columns do you get in policemen's helmets?

Nelson Eddy's?

I can't understand people who mark themselves 'safe' in earthquakes. Like if you weren't safe, you'd be rushing to Facebook: 'Fuuuuuuuuuuccccckkkk.'

Quote: john tregorran @ 8th May 2020, 9:04 PM

She's tryna pluck up the courage to propose to me. Melanie C's ultimatum runs out in 2087 so she might be in with a chance.
Today on Bacefook
1. Feel that earthquake?
2. Feel that earthquake?
3. Feel that earthquake?
4. Feel that earthquake?
5. Feel that earthquake?
6. Feel that earthquake?
7. Feel that earthquake?
8. Feel that earthquake?
9. Feel that earthquake?
10. Mike SHUT UP about the f**king Spice Girls. Soooooooo repetitive.