Status report Page 6,066

Quote: lofthouse @ 6th May 2020, 11:51 PM

DaButt, if Briosaid broke into your house in the middle of the night- would you blow her head clean off her shoulders ?

Of course not.

You always aim for center mass.

Quote: Briosaid @ 6th May 2020, 11:55 PM

You're the one who says 'boasts'.

Speaking of short memories:

Quote: Briosaid @ 6th May 2020, 11:24 PM

What about the silent majority, many of whom abhor your constant boasting about weapons?

Quote: DaButt @ 6th May 2020, 11:56 PM

Of course not.

You always aim for center mass.

Shot gun blast to the stomach area?

Boom! That would send her off her feet about...20 yards?

Quote: Briosaid @ 7th May 2020, 12:01 AM

Does that change anything?

It's a response to your incorrect assertion.

Are you feeling ok? I get the impression that I'm trying to have a conversation with someone who isn't 100%.

Quote: lofthouse @ 7th May 2020, 12:05 AM

Shot gun blast to the stomach area?

Center mass is the chest area.

Quote: lofthouse @ 7th May 2020, 12:05 AM

Boom! That would send her off her feet about...20 yards?

In a Hollywood movie, perhaps. They have their own laws of physics.

Quote: Briosaid @ 7th May 2020, 12:09 AM

Ditto. Only I think that's your permanent state. :D You're trying to divert from reality cos you've no real defense. Still waiting for your explanation aboug the Scottish reference

Diverting from reality? That's pretty rich coming from someone who specializes in inventing absurd fantasies about what other members are thinking/doing.

Quote: Briosaid @ 7th May 2020, 12:09 AM

Still waiting for your explanation aboug the Scottish reference

I wouldn't have thought it necessary, but I'll break the wisecrack down for you:

One of us is understanding and open-minded, and one of us lives in Scotland. ;)

One participant in this conversation is understanding and open-minded. That person would be yours truly.

One participant in this conversation is NOT understanding and open-minded. That person lives in Scotland. That person would be you.

¿Comprende, amigo?

Quote: Briosaid @ 7th May 2020, 12:31 AM

I think you're being xenophobic. Don't know why.

Merely mentioning the name of a country does not equate to xenophobic activity, especially when nothing negative is said about that country.

Quote: DaButt @ 5th May 2020, 10:59 PM

We have recommendations to stay at home as much as possible, but there are no restrictions on travel within the country.

How would the authorities even enforce a travel ban in the UK?

You don't seem to have commented on my response.

We are actively told not to travel unless it's absolutely necessary. As I said I haven't met up with my girlfriend for about 7 weeks now and have to keep in touch by Zoom.

Quote: Chappers @ 7th May 2020, 4:36 PM

You don't seem to have commented on my response.

We are actively told not to travel unless it's absolutely necessary. As I said I haven't met up with my girlfriend for about 7 weeks now and have to keep in touch by Zoom.

What's there to comment on? Different people, different countries, different regulations and different circumstances.

I would consider my trip to be "absolutely necessary". My daughter will give birth any day now and she has a 9-year-old son at home. Children aren't allowed in the hospital, and if she went into labor while her husband was working she would have had to drive herself to the delivery and there wouldn't be anyone to watch over my grandson.

I haven't been exposed to the virus, I made three stops to fill up and wore gloves and a mask each time. My son-in-law is a cop and stands a much greater chance of infecting the household, but he's taking precautions as well.

None of that would wash here.

Out of interest how many of your countrymen or women have followed your illustrious leader's suggestion to inject disinfectant?

Quote: Chappers @ 7th May 2020, 7:19 PM

I'm glad I don't live there, although I suspect large numbers of your citizens have traveled while they were supposed to be locked down. (I'm also considered an essential worker.)

Out of interest how many of your countrymen or women have followed your illustrious leader's suggestion to inject disinfectant?

No idea, although I suspect the answer is quite close to, if not exactly, zero.

Isn't America the worst hit country?

The UK is the worst hit in Europe.

I'm wondering if there's a particular reason for this

Actually no I'm pretty sure it's cos both nations are run by freakin lunatics

It is the birthday of my Nan who was the best person I ever met in my life.

Had she still been alive, she would have been 130 today.

Which makes me feel suddenly very old and not really part of this world much anymore.

I wouldn't mind if I was about 80 but I'm still in my 50s. :S

Briosaid has resigned her membership.

https://twitter.com/dave5wol/status/1258492339489775627?s=21