Self-isolation Page 4

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 22nd March 2020, 9:09 AM

He might well be bi-, trans- or a-?

On a similar theme Boris is warning people not to visit their boy or girlfriend. One wonders how many he has?

I heard Coronavirus makes you forget 70s disco. At first I was afraid.

But "At first you were afraid" is from 70s disco. So how have you forgotten it?

You're on form.

Ant and Dec, Tony Blair and What's Up Doc? are my list to watch on this quarantine period.

Antonio a warm welcome to the forum. But I should point out, Tony Blair isn't a sitcom. Not all recent Prime Ministers / Presidents are a running joke. :)

Although I did used to enjoy those awkward joint press conferences Tony Blair did with George Bush, where they both wore jumpers and did weird jokes about toothpaste.

Quote: Antonio Schmidt @ 29th March 2020, 7:43 AM

Ant and Dec, Tony Blair and What's Up Doc? are my list to watch on this quarantine period.

You obviously have strange tastes - unless of course What's up Doc is Bugs Bunny cartoons.

And so to The Beiderbecke Tapes. Six down, five to go:

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 14th March 2020, 10:16 AM

What's Up Doc
A Fire has Been Arranged
Smart Alec (the 1951 film with Leslie Dwyer & Charles Hawtrey)
Sailor Beware
Carry On Regardless

And since that's only five films to last me a fortnight, I'd have the box sets of the Beiderbecke Trilogy & the Booze Cruise for a little further light entertainment to back those up.

I have seen the Beiderbecke Tapes,I think.I get confused as to which series I've been watching.Terence Rigby turns up in one I know,he's always good.

Quote: john tregorran @ 5th April 2020, 9:00 PM

I have seen the Beiderbecke Tapes,I think.I get confused as to which series I've been watching.Terence Rigby turns up in one I know,he's always good.

"Tapes" is the second of the trilogy. Terence Rigby (or PC Snow, the dog handler from "Softly Softly" as I remember him) was in the first ("Affair") and the third ("Connection").

Thanks.

Watched The Lavender Hill Mob last night - I'd forgotten how brilliant it was.

Quote: beaky @ 6th April 2020, 11:26 AM

Watched The Lavender Hill Mob last night - I'd forgotten how brilliant it was.

It's on BBC2 Good Friday afternoon.

Not all comedies, but a great release -

Austin Powers
The Big Lebowski
Shutter Island
Kill Bill
Samsara