Friday Night Dinner - Series 6 Page 3

I did really enjoy it. I love the idea of bringing in a character (has she appeared previously?) and killing her off.

I wouldn't though say that there has never been a better British sitcom.

Quote: Chappers @ 20th April 2020, 8:45 PM

I did really enjoy it. I love the idea of bringing in a character (has she appeared previously?)

That was her fourth appearance in the series, yes.

Some very laugh out loud moments again tonight.

Felt very much like the last episode ever. A fitting end to a classic comedy series.

A spectacularly good sitcom.

Brilliantly written!

Brilliantly acted!

Brilliantly everything-ed!

Quote: Rood Eye @ 2nd May 2020, 9:31 PM

A spectacularly good sitcom.

Brilliantly written!

Brilliantly acted!

Brilliantly everything-ed!

And more than anything FUNNY!

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 2nd May 2020, 4:52 PM

Felt very much like the last episode ever. A fitting end to a classic comedy series.

Yes. If that was the end, it was a great way to bow out, but I reckon we will probably see another series or a special.

I'd be very surprised if that was the last ever episode of FND.

TV writers, TV actors and TV executives are not well-known for killing golden geese.

I think we'll be seeing a lot more of the Goodman family.

I'm quite sure it'll be back. And I will be awaiting keenly. I howled all through the majority of the episodes in Series 6.

I love it. It did seem very much like they were ending it though. I wouldn't be surprised at all if there were one or two more Xmas specials. But I'd be very surprised if there were any more series.

Er...on the other hand (from the Radio Times, May 2020):
Series star Simon Bird had suggested that the sixth series was "probably the end" of the show - but Popper told RadioTimes.com: "That's news to me! Simon said it feels like it could be the last one. Well, I've no plans to end it now."
Popper continued: "You know, whenever you make a TV series, you always think, 'Well, that's probably our lot' - you never really know. But obviously, the show has now become successful, which is lovely.

"So you'd like to think they'd do it again. I think they [Channel 4] would. But it's also down to me, if I want to do it again. So I always have to think: do I want to do it again or not?"

"I love writing it. So who knows? I haven't got a thought like 'I want to end it'."

Quite. When I interviewed Robert recently, there was no indication he was bringing the curtain down. The opposite if anything; and that was before it suddenly became a hit. As I said: I'm quite sure it'll be back.

Read: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/friday_night_dinner/interview/robert_popper/

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 6th May 2020, 6:43 AM

I love it. It did seem very much like they were ending it though. I wouldn't be surprised at all if there were one or two more Xmas specials. But I'd be very surprised if there were any more series.

Christmas specials? They're Jewish!

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 11th April 2020, 8:51 AM

Many of whom thinking they'd rather be catching coronavirus than sit through this.

Have to agree with Mr Kipper - it's absolutely dire!
Bet it's not on Jeremy Corbyn's series link?

Quote: gb901 @ 30th June 2020, 12:01 AM

Have to agree with Mr Kipper - it's absolutely dire!

I have to admit I did really enjoy this for the first few series, but now the habits of the characters are becoming tiresome, like the vague father and the son's baiting each other with the same "jokes". Only watched the last one for Mark Heap.

Summat and nuthin' - it did seem odd to see Paul Ritter and Tamsin Greig in "Belgravia" recently.

I think it's continually fantastic and hilarious; and the viewing figures are only going up and up.