Status report Page 6,065

Quote: Rood Eye @ 3rd May 2020, 7:33 PM

Good luck with the forthcoming birth and everything else, Da Butt!

Thanks!

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd May 2020, 7:37 PM

Is that allowed? It wouldn't be here.

It's perfectly legal to travel with a firearm in one's vehicle, as it's considered an extension of one's home. Different states have different laws, however. In places like California, they're going to expect the firearm to be unloaded and locked in the trunk/boot.

I have a Texas License to Carry which allows me to carry concealed away from my home and automobile (with restrictions). I'll be driving through New Mexico and Colorado, and both states recognize Texas LTCs, so I'm well within the law. Cops actually breathe a sigh of relief when they pull over someone who is licensed, because they know the person has passed a background check and isn't a convicted criminal. LTCs are tied to one's driver license, so before they even approach the vehicle they know who they're dealing with. Roll down the window, hand over both licenses, and the cop will ask if you have a firearm. Then they'll ask where it is located, and they'll either ask you to safely hand it to them, or they'll tell you to avoid reaching for that area. Easy peasy and politeness all around. I'm sure it happens thousands of times per day in Texas.

Quote: Briosaid @ 3rd May 2020, 7:44 PM

If you're thick enough to do this, Hell mend you.

Nothing says "thick" like being prepared to protect oneself while driving 900 miles through a desolate desert that's infested with rattlesnakes, bears, mountain lions and the occasional carjacker.

P.S. I think Hell does a whole lot more rending than mending.

Quote: DaButt @ 3rd May 2020, 8:07 PM

Thanks!

It's perfectly legal to travel with a firearm in one's vehicle, as it's considered an extension of one's home. Different states have different laws, however. In places like California, they're going to expect the firearm to be unloaded and locked in the trunk/boot.

I have a Texas License to Carry which allows me to carry concealed away from my home and automobile (with restrictions). I'll be driving through New Mexico and Colorado, and both states recognize Texas LTCs, so I'm well within the law. Cops actually breathe a sigh of relief when they pull over someone who is licensed, because they know the person has passed a background check and isn't a convicted criminal. LTCs are tied to one's driver license, so before they even approach the vehicle they know who they're dealing with. Roll down the window, hand over both licenses, and the cop will ask if you have a firearm. Then they'll ask where it is located, and they'll either ask you to safely hand it to them, or they'll tell you to avoid reaching for that area. Easy peasy and politeness all around. I'm sure it happens thousands of times per day in Texas.

Nothing says "thick" like being prepared to protect oneself while driving 900 miles through a desolate desert that's infested with rattlesnakes, bears, mountain lions and the occasional carjacker.

P.S. I think Hell does a whole lot more rending than mending.

I hadn't noticed the gun bit. I'm talking about travelling in this current situation. We can't just go and visit who we want and love.

Quote: Chappers @ 5th May 2020, 9:37 PM

I'm talking about travelling in this current situation. We can't just go and visit who we want and love.

We have recommendations to stay at home as much as possible, but there are no restrictions on travel within the country.

How would the authorities even enforce a travel ban in the UK?

Same way they do everything

Half assed

Yes I'm not quite sure what the problem is. Briosaid and Dabutt cannot see the other's viewpoint.

And yes I'm always taking the piss out of the Scotch.

Quote: DaButt @ 5th May 2020, 10:59 PM

We have recommendations to stay at home as much as possible, but there are no restrictions on travel within the country.

How would the authorities even enforce a travel ban in the UK?

I haven't been to see my partner for 6 weeks except on Zoom. We're about 10 miles apart but we are abiding by the recommendations.

We deliver groceries to the BH's parents but don't go in.Just leave them at the door and they wave from the window.:)
I think her father prefers it,he's a man of few words,unlike the rest of the family.

Quote: Briosaid @ 6th May 2020, 8:38 PM

Give this some thought. When I joined this message board, there were a whole number of females. Gradually they left. Some joined ... and left. I know for a fact that one left because of the antagonism from male members

So, in response to men leaving this site because of your antagonism, you're complaining about antagonistic men chasing women away? :S

Quote: Chappers @ 6th May 2020, 9:13 PM

Briosaid and Dabutt cannot see the other's viewpoint.

I have no trouble with her holding a different viewpoint whatsoever. I however, don't resort to calling her inhuman, etc.

One of us is understanding and open-minded, and one of us lives in Scotland. ;)

Quote: Briosaid @ 6th May 2020, 10:57 PM

Look at the numbers, numpty. ONE man, many women. But maybe you think that's a good proportion. I rest my case.

Your case, as it were, is built on evidence that is quite flimsy.

Quote: Briosaid @ 6th May 2020, 10:57 PM

And your point Is?

And your point in posting that response is?

Keep on being you, although if you drive enough people away it may just be the two of us left here.

Quote: Briosaid @ 6th May 2020, 11:24 PM

Drive people away ? You're talking about ONE person.

Another person said that they've considered leaving, too. Who knows how many others have done so without saying anything. Being abrasive and rude is not a trait that's strictly reserved for males of the species.

Quote: Briosaid @ 6th May 2020, 11:24 PM

many of whom abhor your constant boasting about weapons?

I can't recall ever boasting about weapons.

DaButt, if Briosaid broke into your house in the middle of the night- would you blow her head clean off her shoulders ?

Quote: Briosaid @ 6th May 2020, 11:48 PM

You have a very , very short memory. We never end the story about your weapons.

All discussions are not boasts.